Regular Contributor

Re: Algenist Today’s Special Collagen serum

If you want to know if the product works just look at the rep, it's all snake oil.

Honored Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

Hi @SeaMaiden 

I have used this in the past and really liked it.  I even gave it to a friend as a gift.  I stopped using it and moved on to other products.  I don't think I have anything negative to say about it... but you know how it goes.

I've also like Algenist's eye cream and a wrinkle filler like product, but I think they quit making the filler.  I might have to look into that.  LOL

Enjoy.  I hope you write a review for us.  

@justashopper   I like the eye cream and the eye serum...so thought I could try this product for a few months. I can always cancel the  future auto ships if need be. I will review it after a few months. Thank you for the nice comment🙂

Esteemed Contributor

I HOPE YOU LOVE IT SeaMaiden!

HAVE USED SOME ALGENIST IN THE PAST, BUT NEVER THIS PRODUCT.

ANYTHING I HAD TRIED WORKED FINE.  ESPECIALLY LIKED THEIR SERUM FOUNDATION WITH THE BRUSH.  WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT COME BACK.

ENJOY IT AND HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Honored Contributor

I don't have wrinkles under or around my eyes, so no need for this.  Most Before/After photos use people who don't use any products and aren't allowed to use anything except that product during the time mentioned.  There's bound to be some difference under those conditions.  

Honored Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

Hi @SeaMaiden 

I have used this in the past and really liked it.  I even gave it to a friend as a gift.  I stopped using it and moved on to other products.  I don't think I have anything negative to say about it... but you know how it goes.

I've also like Algenist's eye cream and a wrinkle filler like product, but I think they quit making the filler.  I might have to look into that.  LOL

@justashopper Have you looked into M Asam Perfect Teint?  I used to use that under my eyes when I had some wrinkles there.  Only stopped using it when the wrinkles went away.  I could use it on some forehead lines and the 1 between my eyes, but don't.  Plus, I think I remember feeling it didn't do as well on vertical lines as it did on horizontal or cross-hatching. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi @Icegoddess 

Thanks for the reccomendation.  I will look at it.  I have not tried anything from the line.  

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@justashopper wrote:

Hi @SeaMaiden 

@justashopper   I like the eye cream and the eye serum...so thought I could try this product for a few months. I can always cancel the  future auto ships if need be. I will review it after a few months. Thank you for the nice comment🙂

@SeaMaiden   I am also going to try it.

And, as has been pointed out, there's a lot of improvement from using almost anything.

Many reviewers saw significant improvement, but I always wonder—what, if anything, were you using BEFORE?

I also wonder if some negative reviews (of any face product) are a result of failure to follow the directions; here, it is required to use it TWICE a day, which many might have skipped.

There seems to be only ONE additional autoship at 6 months, nothing after that.

Honored Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

Hi @Icegoddess 

Thanks for the reccomendation.  I will look at it.  I have not tried anything from the line.  

Thanks!

@justashopper I forgot to mention M Asam is sold on HSN in case you didn't know.  I've been using something from that line for years.

Honored Contributor

Does the collagen even penetrate skin? I thought the molecules were too big so I just take a supplement. 

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@justashopper wrote:

Hi @SeaMaiden 

@justashopper Have you looked into M Asam Perfect Teint?  I used to use that under my eyes when I had some wrinkles there.  Only stopped using it when the wrinkles went away.  I could use it on some forehead lines and the 1 between my eyes, but don't.  Plus, I think I remember feeling it didn't do as well on vertical lines as it did on horizontal or cross-hatching. 

I love  M Asam Perfect Teint for tapping under my eyes and above lips as a last step  to temporarily fill wrinkles. It works better for this than anything else I've used.

I did try the Algenist years ago and really wasn't impressed. It dosen't really contain proven ingredients and it's pricey.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz