Honored Contributor

Re: Algenist TSV Monday 4/22, anyone know what it will be??

Imo, collagen products are the biggest con in the industry. @Mistic 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee I read a lot of your posts on Beauty.  And you Micro-Needle, or whatever is the proper wording.  So, I was leary about all of these Collagen Serum claims...  Didn't think that they can penetrate deep enough to do much of anything.  That's why I asked you what you thought.  THANKS!  Heart

I do use a few ALGENIST products.  I know what they do is temporary, and that is OK.  Skin "feels" hydrated, which makes my skin look a bit better, no allergic issues with it, etc.  I do wait for a BOGO special, as it is (in my opinion) expensive.  Smiley Happy

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mistic wrote:

@SilleeMee I read a lot of your posts on Beauty.  And you Micro-Needle, or whatever is the proper wording.  So, I was leary about all of these Collagen Serum claims...  Didn't think that they can penetrate deep enough to do much of anything.  That's why I asked you what you thought.  THANKS!  Heart

I do use a few ALGENIST products.  I know what they do is temporary, and that is OK.  Skin "feels" hydrated, which makes my skin look a bit better, no allergic issues with it, etc.  I do wait for a BOGO special, as it is (in my opinion) expensive.  Smiley Happy

Yes, I agree about microneedling and how that can enhance absorption. It doesn't mean you have to use those long needles...the very short ones are good for that kind of thing. The goal is to get past the skin's acid mantle (thinner than a human hair) without doing damage to it and that's where the short microneedles are helpful. It doesn't hurt and it's an effective way to get products to go deeper into the skin.  @Mistic