Respected Contributor

Algenist Lip Collagen treatment....

I started using this a few weeks ago. Last week my lips became very dry and chapped. I never have an issue with chapped lips and I thought to myself, what the heck? 

I will say that the outline of my lips are more plump and the fine lines are less, but I don’t think I’ll continue this. I read some of the reviews and saw some complaints like mine. Has anyone here tried this? Does anyone know much about collagen treatments? Am I doing something wrong? Any input is greatly appreciated! 

I will also add that the few times in my life that I’ve had dry lips, after applying some sort of balm or oil has made it better. I’m applying coconut oil and the Skinfix Natural Lip Balm repair continuously while awake and have gotten no relief. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Algenist Lip Collagen treatment....

[ Edited ]

I use it and love it.  I have full lips already but just wanted to preserve them as long as I can.  Smiley Happy  I put the Algenist on and let it soak in for a few minutes and then I add something else on top -- usually the Philosophy Ultimate Lip balm (I don't think that's the exact name but it's in a rose-gold colored stick).  I haven't had any problems with flaking.  Maybe the Algenist is just meant to be the treatment and something else is supposed to be added on top.

Respected Contributor

@santorini  I am really bummed about it. I have fuller lips also and was just wanting to address the few fine lines I have and like you said preserve what I have.. 

i will stop it for a few weeks and see if it goes away. I hate to send it back, but my lips are a mess. ☹️ 

There may be an ingredient that just doesn’t work for me. If anyone has any other lips product recommendations, please let me know. 

Respected Contributor

Just wanted to say...I tried the eye cream, and got a clogged bump, that left a scar under my eye. Besides, it did absolutely nothing to help the skin in that area. So, I wouldn't try any other products from them, or the lip product, ever.
Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@santorini  I am really bummed about it. I have fuller lips also and was just wanting to address the few fine lines I have and like you said preserve what I have.. 

i will stop it for a few weeks and see if it goes away. I hate to send it back, but my lips are a mess. ☹️ 

There may be an ingredient that just doesn’t work for me. If anyone has any other lips product recommendations, please let me know. 

Maybe it's part of the exfoliation and it's supposed to happen.  Try adding a lip balm on top of it and see if that helps.  The Philosophy item I mentioned is really nice.  My daughter also loves it and uses it.  I waited for the big sale at Philosophy and stocked up on the sticks.  They usually only last about a month for me but they're so moisturizing.

Respected Contributor

@santorini  I will look into the Philosophy product. Thank you for your help.😊