Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alberti doing a beauty show?

I don't have a problem with it. As others have posted, he was on the Beauty IQ channel for a few years and did an excellent job.

Dare I say that he does a better job then some of the female hosts.

Respected Contributor

@Auntie CC wrote:

I turned it off immediately. Men selling makeup...too much for me to swollow

This host in particular grates my nerves. And his strange style and taste in decor are completely opposite my own sensibilities. 

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Alberti can do a show featuring anything - he is that good - I think!  He also uses beauty products so while I didn't see his show, I'm betting there were products in his show that he does use.

Alberti doing fahsion shows, beauty shows, jewelry although he hasn't done any, he would and is great in all of his shows.

@PINKdogWOOD He did try the Kajal eyeliner although he said he couldn't talk while doing it.  It seemed like it wasn't something he normally does, not because he couldn't talk while doing it.  I probably couldn't talk while applying eyeliner either.  But, he probably did as good a job as some of the hosts do.  LG mentioned something about some men wearing eyeliner and Alberti agreed and told her yes, they call it guyliner.  He actually said it several times.  

For the person that wanted swatches, I didn't see the lipstick part, but they did have swatches of the Kajal eyeliners.  I don't do lipstick sets at all anymore because at least one will be a throw-away.  

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if he uses any of the beauty products.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Puppy Lips  I believe all the hosts have make up done for their shows. I know all tv and movie actors do.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Puppy Lips   All the hosts, including the male hosts, use makeup.  They must use makeup for the camera and lights.  That includes the male vendors as well.  Anyone on TV as their career has makeup on and they know which products work best for them.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Puppy Lips  I believe all the hosts have make up done for their shows. I know all tv and movie actors do.

@proudlyfromNJ @Caaareful Shopper I should have clarified.  I know the men wear makeup while on camera.  I was wondering about on his own time.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ @Caaareful Shopper I should have clarified.  I know the men wear makeup while on camera.  I was wondering about on his own time.

What does that have to do with the OP's question of any thoughts about a man hosting a makeup show?

Esteemed Contributor

@On It wrote:

Years ago I saw Dan selling panties. He commented that he never thought he would be selling women's panties, but he did it. Talented sales people can sell anything, anytime, anywhere.

But he didn't put them on, did he?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Hosts sell things they may not use personally all the time though they'd like us to think differently.