Trusted Contributor

Re: Alberti doing a beauty show?

For years, cosmetology was a mans profession-at least in Hollywood, etc. Hence the Westmore dynasty and more. Same thing with hair. It's an art form really-why shouldn't anyone do it?

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@On It wrote:

Years ago I saw Dan selling panties. He commented that he never thought he would be selling women's panties, but he did it. Talented sales people can sell anything, anytime, anywhere.

But he didn't put them on, did he?

Putting underwear and makeup in the same category is a false comparison regardless of the host's gender unless you've seen any host, ever, trying on panties during a presentation. Makeup is something hosts often demonstrate along with the vendor. Not so with underwear.

Trusted Contributor

@jezzie wrote:

Just saw Alberti putting on eyeliner. UGH !  Please QVC have a female in the future with Laura Geller will not watch future makeup shows with Alberti not my cup of tea.

Saywhat?????   

Respected Contributor

@jezzie wrote:

Just saw Alberti putting on eyeliner. UGH !  Please QVC have a female in the future with Laura Geller will not watch future makeup shows with Alberti not my cup of tea.

He's a very odd man @jezzie 

And let's not even mention the sweater he's been depicting a huge martini glass. 

Honored Contributor

@Reilley wrote:

@Nonametoday   Respectively, What every word was I picking apart on this msg board?  I didn't say anything bad or hurtful toward to the OP or anyone else regarding this thread.  Nor was I making any accusations.

@Reilley 

Not everyone studied marketing and knows how to frame their questions so that it fits politically correct, so just let everybody have an opinion as long as there are no words in there that are totally offensive and hers were not, unless you found a reason to make them offensive.  I can find a reason that everything on here incenses me but I try to let people be people unless they start telling others that they are politcally incorrect 

I am for the little guy, not corporate and not wall street.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I find a little Alberti goes a long way for me, but he does a good job hosting and there is absolutely no reason a male can't be knowledgeable about cosmetics and sell them competently. It makes at least as much sense as another male host being routinely assigned to sell jewelry, which has been the case for years. Besides, some men choose to wear makeup. Some folks will just have to get over it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I think with a lot of things it's what you are used to seeing.  Times have been changing a lot.

Now we are seeing a few men with long hair & beards wearing makeup...lipstick & eye liner.  I find that a bit unsettling.  However its true that many men are makeup artists and hair stylists.  My current stylist is a man and he's very good.  I also had a male stylist for many years back when I was a teen and in my twenties.

Alberti shows a lot of enthusiasm and is a good host.  What I don't care for is an ad for a major beauty company showing two men dressed as women discussing what it is like to be a woman and in the case of one a girl.  This is the new face of their company....no thanks!

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I think with a lot of things it's what you are used to seeing.  Times have been changing a lot.

What I don't care for is an ad for a major beauty company showing two men dressed as women discussing what it is like to be a woman and in the case of one a girl.  This is the new face of their company....no thanks!

Just another example of the world going to hell the last 20 years.  I fear for my grandchildren.   

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Justholdingon   Sincerely have a great day.

Valued Contributor

Not my preference!!!