Honored Contributor

Re: Alberti doing a beauty show?

Food, clothes, makeup, decor, no matter what show he hosts, I do not watch.  He and a few other hosts remain channel changers for me.

Respected Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

I think it’s a fair question,  @Justholdingon so ignore the rude replies. I see most people have no idea what a forum is about.

You are supposed to ask questions and give thoughts and opinions on all different topics.

I think he does an ok job hosting a beauty show.  The problem is he can’t identify with most of the products the way a female host can.

@manny2, perhaps you could kindly point out any post that are actually rude, because if a comment is actually rude then perhaps it should be brought to a moderator's attention for their consideration.

I think most on this message board do have an idea of what a forum is about. I believe the scope of a forum goes beyond just asking questions for thoughts and opinions.

And I would never begin to presume what products any host can identify in comparison to any other host.

Have long time readers/posters to this board not seen a thread like this, for example like the last time the exact same subject was broached, not see the thread go south quickly necessitating the need for deletion?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Alberti did a great job as always.  He's very versatile and always prepared.  He's one of my favorite hosts.  So personable too.  Love Alberti!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't see anything wrong with a man hosting a beauty show. Many make up artists are men. QVC is probably trying to target a new segment of customers.

Honored Contributor

Zip It Emoji Decal

Trusted Contributor

Alberti can host anything!

I have seen him present both beauty and fashion.  He is very well informed and does exceptionally well.  He's comfortable around the items he's presenting, he has clearly done his research, and I don't think twice when I see him hosting those kinds of shows.  I think he's great.

Trusted Contributor

@Justholdingon 

Maksymilian Faktorowicz (Max Factor, a man), is considered the ‘father of modern makeup’.

If men can create it, why can’t they also sell it?

Honored Contributor

I did not see rude comments.

The OP asked "Any thoughts?"  That was the exact post.

So they got thoughts.  Who jumped down anyone's throat?  No one called the OP names or said their opinion was wrong.  The OP never even gave an opinion, they asked for thoughts.

It seems to me, some posters agitate threads the most when they try to be the board police or the facilitator of language decorum.  

It is indeed a discussion board, and that's what I see here. 

Super Contributor

@Justholdingon  

Maybe you should have included in your original comment why you were asking instead of only commenting "any thoughts...". and thus avoided some of the few responses you received.  Actually most of the responses were kind.  Even  the "unkind" responses were not that bad.  One thing for sure, there are no surprise responses in the forum.

Honored Contributor

I've always like Alberti no matter which show he hosts. If someone is prepared with the info we need, that's all that matters to me.