Trusted Contributor

Re: Albany would you let Laura Geller talk??

No one is worse than Carolyn Gracie saying "uh" and "um." As much as I would like to watch the presentation, the over usage of those words is too much. Also, Carolyn leads the lineup of hosts that constantly talks over the vendors. So many times the vendor is getting to an interesting point and the host interrupts them and we never find out what the vendor was going to say. What are their producers doing? Can't they remind the host to back off and let the vendor speak? Or remind the host to stop using "uh" and "um" so much?

F/N/A luvstogarden
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 I have heard a vendor during a jewelry show tell Nancy that if she'd let her get a word in if she'd be quiet for a minute, or something like that. I was thinking "Yes!! Finally" so one person did once, at least. It came off a tad rude though so Laura just has class to not do it on air, but who knows what any of them are thinking or say after the show, too.

Respected Contributor

@Mimi 1883

I think Leah could give Carolyn a run for her money when it comes to "um" and "uh".

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

@pommom wrote:

@Mimi 1883

I think Leah could give Carolyn a run for her money when it comes to "um" and "uh".

Add Jill and Shawn to that list!  These hosts really have awful, annoying habits for people that speak for a living on television.  I don't hear the annoying "Ummms" from HSN hosts.