Esteemed Contributor

@tsavorite After reading your post and then rereading my post, I could see where you could think I was laughing at people that shun or avoid the sun.  I was basing my thoughts on those that have commented on the Beauty thread about the measures they go to avoid the sun and it's damaging rays.    I would in no way laugh at a person that has a medical condition that the sun could exacerbate.  That wasn't my intention at all.  

My post was to express my feelings that I don't avoid the sun.  I enjoy it and love being in it more than worrying about wrinkles.  As I stated, I use SPF and see a dermatologist yearly.  So far, so good.  

I am sorry if I offended you or anyone else.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Yes there is and I fall in the first category.  I avoid it at all costs between the months of June thru mid Oct and am not much of an outdoors person the rest of the year.  Take 10,000 units a day of Vit D.  Don't wear sunscreen.  Wrinkle free.  No sun/age spots?  Are they the same thing?  Sun and age spots?

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

I wish I enjoyed the sun.  I don't and never have.  And it's not just the sun.  I must emit a fragrance bugs like because they're drawn to me like crazy and I'll end up getting bitten or stung Smiley Surprised  Sun, bugs and dirt.  Not my forte.

Honored Contributor

I must have missed something.  No offence taken here Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Remember that tanned skin is damaged skin !!!

Regular Contributor
I play tennis outside in the Summer. I wear sunscreen and a Tilley hat. I wear Joise Maran sunscreen on my face all year round. I love being outside, tennis, hiking, walking the dog, kayaking. I don't have any sunspots. I have used a self tanner (Tan Towels) for years. I know a few tennis players that get tanned from laying outside with tanning lotion, or tanning beds. They have skin like a Shar pei. It is possible to enjoy being outside with a few precautions.
Super Contributor

I have always burned easily in the sun. I also have 3 family members who have died from malignant melonoma so my sunscreen goes on & my vitamin d comes from a daily supplement.