Honored Contributor

Re: Aging Gracefully! Iman on HSN just said ...

I have a high school friend who went on to get her doctorate and was a college professor for many years. We are now 60 and she looks about 25! She was one of 2 AAs in our class of 64 girls.

She has remained the exact weight she was in high school...but summed it up best when she told us at the reunion - ""Black don't crack!""

Contributor

As Oprah has always said, "black don't crack!" Genetics play such a huge part in how we age.
Honored Contributor

She's beautiful, but she looks like a woman in her 50s. (that's not a bad thing LOL)

Frequent Contributor

On 9/15/2014 brii said:

She's beautiful, but she looks like a woman in her 50s. (that's not a bad thing LOL)

David Bowie and Iman

I couldn't stop laughing at that comment. I don't think the average 59 year old looks like this. Hopefully I will look that good in another 15 years.

Respected Contributor

On 9/15/2014 HonnyBrown said:
On 9/12/2014 maestra said:

The best plastic surgeons in the world.

You can look at her through the years and tell she hasn't had any plastic surgery.

She has admitted in some interviews having 'tweaking'. So, she is very beautiful and honest too!

Valued Contributor

On 9/15/2014 maestra said:

You can look at her through the years and tell she hasn't had any plastic surgery.

She has admitted in some interviews having 'tweaking'. So, she is very beautiful and honest too!

Yes, I saw her on an interview and she did admit to some plastic surgeries and many, many skin treatments for her pores. I know many black women who haven't aged well at all. I work with one. Whoopi and Oprah haven't aged well as far as celebrities IMO.

Honored Contributor

On 9/15/2014 physicsnut said:
On 9/15/2014 maestra said:

Yes, I saw her on an interview and she did admit to some plastic surgeries and many, many skin treatments for her pores. I know many black women who haven't aged well at all. I work with one. Whoopi and Oprah haven't aged well as far as celebrities IMO.

I'm not going to address how well or not either of these women have aged, but seriously, did you really think that it was written in stone that all AA women age well?

Yes, they do have more of the protective melanin, but there are a host of other factors in play.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland