Honored Contributor

@Luvtuna wrote:

I think I read that hydroquinone is a carcinogen.  You might want to google it.

It hasbeen banned in some places, but here in the US stil the derm docs gold standard for skin fading. I safely used it for 3 months, 4% from the derm doc, faded my skin and long stopped using it.

Respected Contributor

In the morning I put my Vitamin C on the spots on my hands and at night I put my Retin A on the spots. Seems to be working.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

For me glycolic acid has worked very well at diminishing brown spots, whether on my face or on other places like my hands and arms. This Glycolix product has been in my beauty arsenal for many years and I believe it is the best for fading my spots. You get 60 pads for about $25 from skinmedix dot com, always free shipping with no minimum order. If the product is out of stock, then get on their wait list...it comes back rather quickly. Good luck.Woman Happy @nanny24

Glycolix Elite 20% Treatment Pads - $25 to $35

71JcW4A-qqL._SX355_.jpg

ETA:  Sometimes the jar may look like this one. It's the same stuff inside.

download.jpg

@SilleeMee thanks for posting about these pads....I am currently using the Dr.D one's sold at Q but when those are gone gonna pick up this one to try....using on hands and face.  Great price for what you are getting plus FREE shipping love that!

Respected Contributor

Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum.  I got mine here.  It works very well.

Regular Contributor

I use Vitamin C serum, then moisturizer, then sunscreen. Also, I wear SPF gloves. I know it's a lot, but it works!

Honored Contributor

Has anyone tried this Gold Bond cream for dark spots? Just wondering if it works.

7b478f1d-ac01-4b24-b3c5-9aefd4373d1d.jpg.w960.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee I wondered about that too when I saw it last night at Walgreens.  Hope someone responds.  I'm trying their neck cream because of all the mentions on this board, including yours.

Honored Contributor

Tell people they are from sunbathing on nude beaches in France when you were young. . . 

Respected Contributor

@nanny24 wrote:

Has anyone used an OTC lotion/potion for age spots on hands that worked for you? Mine are getting 'out of hand' !!  Thanks.

@nanny24Do you drive? The sun is bad coming in the windshield. I wear gloves all year, yes, even in the summer. I use cotton ones in the summer.

Honored Contributor

Re: Age spots on hands

[ Edited ]

I had a friend who was in her 80s and she loved to garden but she hated to wear gardening gloves. One day I was visiting her while she was at work in her garden and I saw she had taped 4x4 gauze pads, one on the back of each hand. I asked her if she hurt her hands and she said no. She went on to say she places them on her hands to keep the sun off the backs of her hands so she wouldn't get dark spots. It must have worked for her because she had no spots! I would never do this but it was sort of cute when I saw her.Woman Very Happy