Respected Contributor
Make sure you put a high spf sunscreen on, EVERY DAY. I apply whatever I use on face..vit.C, my moisturizer...then last, I use Waterbabies spf 70. Make sure you wear it while driving too. At night I use the glycolic pads, and a retinol if I'm using one , or my usual moisturizer. Take care of your hands, as you would your face...but be more diligent with the sunscreen. I wear gloves and sunscreen to do gardening , and on my farm(horses). I do not have those brown spots. I had gotten a couple on my face, but I'm doing the above, and they're almost gone. I find Andulau pumpkin mask to help remove the spots. Sunscreen is the preventive.
Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I had a friend who was in her 80s and she loved to garden but she hated to wear gardening gloves. One day I was visiting her while she was at work in her garden and I saw she had taped 4x4 gauze pads, one on the back of each hand. I asked her if she hurt her hands and she said no. She went on to say she places them on her hands to keep the sun off the backs of her hands so she wouldn't get dark spots. It must have worked for her because she had no spots! I would never do this but it was sort of cute when I saw her.Woman Very Happy

CUTE STORY!

Esteemed Contributor

Nadinola!  thank you @henderson.  I couldn't remember the name.

I'll add that I also put Vitamin C serum on my hands in the a.m. and Retinol cream at night.  Whatever goes on my face and neck also gets applied to my hands.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

I am 73 and my face and neck look pretty good (Philosophy, BE, Perricone)  however, I have not done anything with my hands and they look awful.  spots and wrinkles they are awful.   I did order the Philosophy hand cream the other day and will use it but I think my hand clock has ticked out and I am left with old hands.

My tip:    Take care of your hands too.

Respected Contributor

I use Gold Bond Dark Spot Minimizing Cream and I've seen a difference! I've only used it for 3 weeks and my spots are fading already.

I purchased online through Amazon because Target, Walgreens, Walmart, CVS were always sold out!

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Has anyone tried this Gold Bond cream for dark spots? Just wondering if it works.

7b478f1d-ac01-4b24-b3c5-9aefd4373d1d.jpg.w960.jpg

Yes, and it does work.