Respected Contributor

After much thought i am Probably returning my Calista Perfecter and getting

another Chi Smart. Yesterday after using my Calista Perfecter I still had a lot of fly aways and had to go over my hair with my Chi which was time wasted. I'd rather have two Chi's so if one breaks I still have one. Anyone else getting the TSV?
Super Contributor

Re: After much thought i am Probably returning my Calista Perfecter and getting

A while back there was a discussion on the Perfecter and a lot of people said they prefered the John Frieda version. I just Googled John Frieda and there's an item called the Hot Air Brush. On sale @ Ulta for $34.95. (4 out of 5 star ratings) Not sure that's the one that was being compared to the Perfecter because I looked up the JF at the time and I thought it was more expensive than $35.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it if that's the TYPE of thing you'd like to try.

Respected Contributor

On 5/9/2014 MarenSeattle said:

A while back there was a discussion on the Perfecter and a lot of people said they prefered the John Frieda version. I just Googled John Frieda and there's an item called the Hot Air Brush. On sale @ Ulta for $34.95. (4 out of 5 star ratings) Not sure that's the one that was being compared to the Perfecter because I looked up the JF at the time and I thought it was more expensive than $35.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it if that's the TYPE of thing you'd like to try.

Thanks Maren. Not sure I want to try another brush type heater. Loving my Chi that I got I think last year and might just order the TSV Chi as a backup. I could not get my hair to curl under with the Perfecter and can get it with my Chi.
Respected Contributor

I like my blow dryer with the round brush attachment, but I hated the Perfector. I also returned it and got the CHI. I love it!
Respected Contributor

On 5/9/2014 skyblue said: I like my blow dryer with the round brush attachment, but I hated the Perfector. I also returned it and got the CHI. I love it!
I really wanted to love the Perfecter and thought I did till I noticed I still had a lot of fly aways after using it and had to go over it with my Chi.
Super Contributor

On 5/9/2014 BeautyAddiction said:
On 5/9/2014 MarenSeattle said:

Thanks Maren. Not sure I want to try another brush type heater. Loving my Chi that I got I think last year and might just order the TSV Chi as a backup. I could not get my hair to curl under with the Perfecter and can get it with my Chi.

I was pretty impressed by the TSV, I must admit. But I know me -- I'd never actually plug it in and use it! I turn my head upside down and blow it dry and call it a day. :-)