Contributor

African American Women-40 Foundation Shades-- Rihanna's Fenty Cosmetics

Hey, I posted a question a while back asking why IT Cosmetics as yet to address the issue of cosmetics for diverse women.  You know TSVs with 5 or 6 shades and 1 shade called "deep" for women of color.  Well finally, superstar Rhianna has developed a cosmetic brand, Fenty Beauty, that gives women of color so many shades of foundation.  I tried.  I conquered. I fell in love.  Ladies, you will not believe how beautiful these foundations are and how many choices there are and how many varying shades there are.  40 different colors ladies!!!! 40 !!!! From the fairest to the darkest.  Talk about a makeup that smoothes your skin and is not heavy.  No, I don't work for the company and yes I know IT Cosmetics was recently sold to Loreal, but everything I asked IT Cosmetics for I received from this line.  All I wanted was 5 or 6 choices from IT Cosmetics as was offered to other ladies that were not women of color.  That's all I wanted. Cosmetics for my complexion.   Just fairness, that's all.

I got it from Fenty Beauty and I also got 35 more shades...Thank you Fenty.

Fairness, choices, consideration for my complexion....was that too much to ask?  

Honored Contributor

Re: African American Women-40 Foundation Shades-- Rihanna's Fenty Cosmetics

I am an Olive skinned white woman, I look Latina and I have always had issues with foundation, I was able to find a perfect match in Rihannas line of makeup

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried so hard to get to this counter at Sephora but the line was a mile long LOL I did grab the tester that I thought I would match the best and it looked good but boy is this line popular I agree with you on nailing it on the shade range I will buy more products from this line just have to wait and let it calm down a bit to get to the testers LOL 

Contributor

Congratulations on finding your color.  Doesn't it feel great to a great foundation?  I was able to find, not one, but two matches for my skin tone.  I will use one for the winter and one for the summer.  Who would have ever thought that I would have the luxury of having two foundation choices to use whenever I chose...amazing

Rhianna's line addresses not just women of color, but all women and all complexions.  Everyone has choices within this line.

Contributor

Hang in there.  I was able to finally get my color after going to the Sephora stores located in the JC Penneys.  They told me they get new stock every week.  They called me when it came in and I went and  picked it up.  My shade was still sold out at Sephora online but the JC Penneys had been restocked and I checked more than one store.

Believe me, it is worth the wait.

Honored Contributor

I am a white woman with all kinds of stuff that needs coverage and I have never found the match for my skin either.I will definitely check this line out.Thanks for posting.Happy that you have found something that works and makes you feel beautiful.No matter what color we need to match our skin tones,it is difficult for most of us.40 shades wow ... Yes Rihanna has figured it out.

Honored Contributor

If the issue is TSV choices, Bareminerals makes the shade fair that I need and QVC never includes it as an option in the TSVs. So I don't buy them. They just won't bring in all the foundation shades offered a company in any TSV. They expect us to make due. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Contributor

Yes she has and good luck to you.  

Contributor

The issue for QVC were the choices that were being offered and that was what I was initially addressing.  However, after using the Fenty foundation, I realized that I had been settling for so-so cosmetics all along. 

We live in a diverse country and cosmetic companies should take our requests seriously. This is not meant to be a negative post but a positive one in that finally all women can find a foundation they truly love.

Contributor

I wholeheartedly agree with your comments and you are correct about IT Cosmetics as well as Josie Maran's cosmetics and others offering only one or two shades for women of color and then using the adage "that the colors are very forgiving."  Even Bare Escentuals sells many varying shades for women of color that are not carried by QVC.  I always applauded Bobbie Brown for including all shades of models in her presentations and to this day whenever I hear her name that is immediately what I remember about her.  This is a diverse world and the vendors need to realize that they should appeal to all women.  If you think that you should have six shades for fair skinned women what makes you think that women of color only come in two shades.