Respected Contributor

Advice regarding Bareminerals original and large pores

I change up my makeup every now and then to keep things interesting. I have my old standbys but like to shop and use my stash. I've used bareminerals once in a while and have been using it for the last few days. Overall, I like the way it looks except for on my nose where I have large pores. It looks dotted, and the pores look dark. It won't fill the pores in, or cover them, with color. It just accentuates the pores. I've tried different brushes. I tried applying an extra layer of primer on my nose. Yesterday I sandwiched it with mineral veil, today with bye bye pores. Nothing improves it. It's a shame because I really like the way the rest of my face looks. Anyone have any advice? Techniques?
Honored Contributor

Re: Advice regarding Bareminerals original and large pores

Do you have any form of silicone primer?  I think that is what is making the difference in my case.  Silicone - no visible pores  Something without low silicone - dark dotted pores on my nose. 

Honored Contributor

Take out the word low in my last sentence, I don't know how to edit. 

Honored Contributor

Isn't there something you can do for the pores so this isn't a problem with any makeup you use?   Have you ever gotten a facial?  

Respected Contributor

Yes, I get facials from time to time.
Honored Contributor

After about 50 years I've gone back to using good ol' SeaBreeze Astringent right after my shower, and I do think it helps some with my cavernous pores.

SeaBreeze now comes in a few different types, and I use the original and one other type, but I'm going to try all of them. I think there may be 3 or 4.

Respected Contributor

Ok, I tried a slightly different technique this morning. I did find that, for my nose specifically, less is more. I use a dense brush to swirl, tap, and buff over my entire face. This morning, I did that, except for my nose. I then used my Bobbi Brown blender brush (much looser with a lighter touch) to swipe the BM over my nose instead of buffing. I did that a couple of times and it definitely looks better.
Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Take out the word low in my last sentence, I don't know how to edit. 

@depglass  Locate the post you want to edit.  Find the 3 dots in the upper right corner.  Clicke on them and there will be a few choices, the "edit" option being the first.  Click on it and wait for a second as your post loads.  Once it does, you can go back and fix whatever you want.  

Honored Contributor

@Rachb - I'd recommend spending a little more time with your Dr. Young's Cleansing Oil in the nose area.  Do you use a Foreo Luna?  If you don't, you can find a little manual brush that looks like this and work your cleansing oil in a little more on your nose area to get the gunk to soften and purge.  In addition to that, I'd recommend doing some deep pore cleansing masks a couple of times a week in addition to some regular gentle exfoliation.

Respected Contributor

JLF you're so wise. I just bought that brush a few days ago on the bay. Waiting for it to arrive. I have a Foreo but lost the charging cord Smiley Sad