Super Contributor

I've been trying to find a new go-to MU look for everyday, something quick and uncomplicated. Today I tried something that came close.

I used JM Matchmaker foundation and then swept LG Bronze & Brighten all over my face. The LG was in fair - a swirl of pink and ivory and light brown. Then I added a pop of color on my cheekbones with a BB blush.

I'm wondering if I could substitute something else for the JM foundation? I really hate to feel MU on my face. But when I went ALL powder with LG or IT, the look wasn't working well.

I'm 63 with combo/oily skin..........fair/light with cool undertones..............hazel eyes and medium brunette hair.

Maybe use a tinted moisturizer? A CC cream to color correct and even out before applying the LG bronzer?

Has anyone tried BB loose mineral face powder? She also has new "Retouching Powders" which look interesting. Anyone try them?

TIA Smile

Honored Contributor

Have you ever used Bare Minerals? They have a much better shade range than LG, JM, or Smashbox Halo.

Frequent Contributor

I'm trying to simplify my MU routine as well, and get away from foundation, even though I do need some coverage for some broken capillaries on my cheeks. I've been experimenting with the IT CC cream, and I'm liking it. I'm oily as well, so I use it in place of my moisturizer, and it has a great spf 50 sunscreen, so that is definitely a bonus. I find that I do need a powder with it, so my blush will apply evenly, so I'm actually looking for a new powder to use over it, or a different brush that I'm using.

My point is, (sorry for the rambling!), is that the IT CC cream does cover quite nicely, and for me, it's one step--really speeds and simplifies things.

Super Contributor

I actually use to use BE. That was my first mineral MU. Then I moved on to mineral MU in compacts for ease of application. Call me a tad sloppy......lol. I'll have to revisit. What's old is new again! Smiley Happy

I did see that my order for the BE serum foundation shipped today. That sounds hopeful altho' finding a shade might be difficult. I'm hopeful.

Super Contributor
On 4/5/2014 AnnikaC said:

I'm trying to simplify my MU routine as well, and get away from foundation, even though I do need some coverage for some broken capillaries on my cheeks. I've been experimenting with the IT CC cream, and I'm liking it. I'm oily as well, so I use it in place of my moisturizer, and it has a great spf 50 sunscreen, so that is definitely a bonus. I find that I do need a powder with it, so my blush will apply evenly, so I'm actually looking for a new powder to use over it, or a different brush that I'm using.

My point is, (sorry for the rambling!), is that the IT CC cream does cover quite nicely, and for me, it's one step--really speeds and simplifies things.

Hi Annika! I too have broken capillaries on my chin, a leftover from a medical treatment when I was a teen - overuse of a cortisone cream. Also my cheeks have that Irish pink/red tone. Just last night I bought Bye Bye Redness. IT Cosmetics is having a 25% off Family & Friends sale on their site.

I've heard people say they thought the CC cream feels heavy, like a mask. I also can't figure out if I'm Fair or Light.

I'm hoping I can find a lighter BB cream to just even out my skin tone.

Respected Contributor
On 4/5/2014 Irishrose136 said:

I did see that my order for the BE serum foundation shipped today. That sounds hopeful altho' finding a shade might be difficult. I'm hopeful.

And, we'll all be looking forward to your review!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

Valued Contributor

Irishrose I just posted a thread that I had started wearing a tinted moisturizer with spf (can be any brand you like) and topping it off with my new It Celebration Foundation illumination in Light. The combination feels great and gives me a soft creamy medium coverage with a glow. If you don't want a glow you could try the regular Celebration foundation. It goes on with more cover than a finishing powder but not heavy like a real foundation. Anyway. I'm happy with it and it comes with a really nice brush.

Super Contributor

Thanks Virgosun! Love, love, love the IT brushes.

I got my Celebration Foundation a looong time ago. And I've been having trouble with it getting cakey. And there is a film of some kind on the brush that I can NOT wash off. I have tried every trick I've read here on the boards, as well as purchased brush cleaner.

Wonder if I got one of the CF's that developed a film?

Super Contributor

Maybe use a tinted moisturizer? A CC cream to color correct and even out before applying the LG bronzer?

Has anyone tried BB loose mineral face powder? She also has new ""Retouching Powders"" which look interesting. Anyone try them?

Can anyone recommend a CC cream or tinted moisturizer that you're using and like?

Anyone that can recommend a loose mineral foundation? The compact forms from LG & IT seem to be too dry.