Respected Contributor

Advice on IPL Hair Removal (reduction) Journey

[ Edited ]

After my pathetic qvetching here about my coarse, prickly, abundant lovely leg hair, a kind poster suggested IPL for hair removal.  She said after using the device for couple months, she happily had 1 hair left- What??? How had I not known about this miracle device??  So this to me was too good to be true but, the dream of fewer itchy, prickly hair (on lower and upper legs) made me invest in a Braun- Venus IPL device ($350, yes you see that correctly)... 

So far I am into it 6 weeks, 1x/ week. It doesn’t hurt compared to the fun of epilation, and it’s quick- Well, so far all I’ve noticed is that the hair growth has slowed, regrowth takes longer than before, but every single follicle still exists!  When will I get down to 1 hair? lolol! 

So is my kind poster-friend out there?  Or anyone else have experience with this device? 

I wonder if my coarse, stubborn hair might defy any results?? 

Thank you!! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Advice on IPL Hair Removal (reduction) Journey

@Skyegirl21 ,

A couple of things to do when you are using a device like this...

1- do not epilate, but do shave shortly before using the device so that the light is absorbed below the surface of the skin where the root is located and not at the surface hairs.

2- do not skip treatments because that will take you backwards in progress

I own a device made by Me Chic which has both IPL and RF technology. The RF (radiofrequency) works on all skin and hair colors where IPL won't perform.  Mine took longer than expected to rid the hair and I think that just depends on your particular hair-growth cycle.  But after using the device for about three months, that seemed to eliminate all of my hair.  Rarely do I see a new hair pop up, not regrowth but a totally new hair. The treated areas on me have never regrown. Hair is permanently gone.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Advice on IPL Hair Removal (reduction) Journey

Hi @SilleeMee !  

Oh cool, I’ll keep going!  I’m still kinda skeptical if I will see these same results but staying hopeful!!  

💝💝💝 Skye-