New Contributor

Advice on ANYTHING that can help with those marionnette lines!!!

I hate those mouth to chin lines with a passion and just want to know if any of you have found something that at least helps even a little with them, other than fillers.

Also, I heard Shannon Smith just rave about Korres's olive oil for the face and even had it shipped from Greece when it wasn't available on HSN. I should have wrote it down, but I didn't and would love to know if any one can tell me what that was. It was a bottle and Liz said they've but a stopper on it so only a couple of drops will dispense and Shannon just laughed and said she took that stopper out because she uses more than a couple of drops.

TIA...much appreciated if any one can be of help.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Advice on ANYTHING that can help with those marionnette lines!!!

@MadamX  In my opinion, nothing topical will help.  Only fillers.....sorry.

Honored Contributor

Like any other wrinkles they come with time.  I know of no magic oil, potion, cream that solve your problem.  I think topical creams will help soften and even then it's different for everyone.  I'm afraid nothing will help but tightening the skin and you know what that means.

Contributor

Yes, Laboratories LINE CORRECTING Booster Serum by No. 7 will help them tremendously.  This serum won't remove them completely, but it will soften the lines and will make your face fuller in that area.  I have been using it for over 2 months and it works great.  Hope this helps.  You can purchase it at Target or Walgreens or Ulta.

Respected Contributor

I think the product you're talking about is the Korres Greek olive oil 3-in-1 nourishing and anti-aging oil.  It is currently sold out at HSN.  I have it but only use it in my hair so I cannot comment on it's efficacy on the face.  

Honored Contributor

I was "turned on" to exfoliating when I was in my 40s.  I'm now in my 70s.

For all those places I saw/see those lines forming ... I just make sure that every morning I spend a little more time while exfoliating (soap and water with bath gloves) ... lightly massaging those areas. 

If you run your fingers over those places when your face is wet, you can feel that it's a bit rougher along those lines.  I've been successful softening the lines by exfoliating every morning.  I'm in pretty good shape ....

BUT .... I've been doing this for about 30 years.  I also use a Facial Flex everyday for the last 15 or so years.  And, Avon's Dramatic Firming Cream for I don't know how many years.

You have nothing to lose by trying exfoliation - just don't expect quick results.  It will cost you a bar of soap and a pair of bath gloves and a few minutes of your time each morning.  (I use Kiss My Face olive oil soap.)

Honored Contributor

I am on extended delivery for that Korres olive oil.  Haven't used it before.  I have those lines and dislike them.  I have been using the SKINN PEP 40 Lip and Laugh Line treatment for about one month.  No results.  I like the other SKINN  products I purchased.  Just started using the SKINN kit that was the TS on HSN.   

Honored Contributor

No topical will get rid of those marionette lines...don't fall for it. What works is either fillers or some kind of special procedure done at the doctor's office, such as Ulthera (ultrasonic) for lower face lift, laser-lift, thermage ( also called RF or radiofrequency) or a full-on surgical cut-'n-sew face lift...all very expensive.

Frequent Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I think the product you're talking about is the Korres Greek olive oil 3-in-1 nourishing and anti-aging oil.  It is currently sold out at HSN.  I have it but only use it in my hair so I cannot comment on it's efficacy on the face.  

Yes, that is probably the product the OP is asking about.  I love that stuff!  I use it in the morning after cleansing, then I put the olive oil on and let it soak in.  I can't say if it helps my puppet lines, but it sure hydrates my very dry skin.  I highly reccomend it if you are dry like me.

Honored Contributor

@dusty523 wrote:

Yes, Laboratories LINE CORRECTING Booster Serum by No. 7 will help them tremendously.  This serum won't remove them completely, but it will soften the lines and will make your face fuller in that area.  I have been using it for over 2 months and it works great.  Hope this helps.  You can purchase it at Target or Walgreens or Ulta.

@MadamX  I have also had great results from this for those lines also.  I also put it on my 11's and up the middle of my forehead and after a month, my forehead lines were practically gone from the middle (which were the same depth across the whole forehead) as well as the 11's.  Of course they won't be gone completely and can't imagine anyone would even think so but the difference is amazing!