Respected Contributor

Advice - Spray Tan or Home Tan (for Vacation)

[ Edited ]

I normally just use some sort of home self tanner, I've tried many but they all wear off funny.

I do NOT like to get dark, just enough for me to feel better in shorts and tank tops. I have a couple months to figure this out so I thought I would see what your thoughts were on spray tans, I have never had one.

Do you like them? and why?

Orange? How not to get a dark fake looking tan LOL

Tips

Or, just stick to my home self tanner bottle days?

TIA for your chime in.

Super Contributor

Re: Advice - Spray Tan or Home Tan (for Vacation)

I use Tan Towels from HSN for years and years, They are like baby wipes. No spray, no mess. Wake up with a tan and not messy like sprays. Can pack them with you and always get a 4 hour tan

Respected Contributor

wrote:

I use Tan Towels from HSN for years and years, They are like baby wipes. No spray, no mess. Wake up with a tan and not messy like sprays. Can pack them with you and always get a 4 hour tan

@Barb114  I have seen those! I will check them out, you are right, those would be so easy to travel with and I could do touch ups there.  Do you use them on your face to help match or just use powder bronzer on your face (which I normally do while on vacay)

Respected Contributor

Be careful with Tan Towels you can still get streaky patches and they do go orange on some skin tones (and they leave an odor).   If you use them use gloves and it helps to have another set of hands for your back. 

Super Contributor

Hi,  I've tried lots of products...expensive to cheap.  I like best the cheap HEMP (not hempz) Bronzing Moisturizer.  "For a hint of tan all year long with moisturizing"  It provides a buildable tan.  Light though...not a dark "I've got a tan! look."  

Respected Contributor

wrote:

Hi,  I've tried lots of products...expensive to cheap.  I like best the cheap HEMP (not hempz) Bronzing Moisturizer.  "For a hint of tan all year long with moisturizing"  It provides a buildable tan.  Light though...not a dark "I've got a tan! look."  

@mcducky  Where do you get the HEMP from? I'll give it a shot!  Is it buildable if I wanted more color?

Super Contributor

I bought it at Sally's but I bet Walmart or Amazon have it.  (I almost bought hempz until I realized in was the wrong bottle.)  I just rechecked my bottle and it says, Moist HEMP Bronzing Mositurizer.  It is buildable.  I think it comes in shades also.  I'm pasty white so I went for the hint of color.

Trusted Contributor

A woman from work came in with the most gorgeous tan

that was sprayed on at a local salon!  She was going to be in a wedding over the weekend. It looked completely natural, but when I asked for details, I thought that it was a bit pricey.  They told her that it would fade over the course of 2 weeks.  I would do that for a special event, but stick with moisturizers that slowly tan the skin for everyday color.

Respected Contributor

It’s a dilemma- I am pasty white too, and burn terribly, so I get it. Faux tans are awful because over time, they start to smell disgusting.. I have given up, the answer is accept yourself as you are. 💝Skyegirl.

Honored Contributor

I think people have wised up and no longer are going for the suntanned look anymore. I swim a lot  in an outdoor  pool in Florida and so despite sunscreen I still get pretty tanned - also I tan easily thanks to Italian heritage. Anyway, now a days , instead of people commenting that my tan looks nice they are more likely to say - you know you shouldn't really do that.