Honored Contributor

Think it is a great idea,but a little expensive. One of the items is a beauty sponge.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

I thought Advent was kinda like Lent......and about sacrificing something........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

DesertDi, Advent is very similar to Lent. Ideally, one spends the time "preparing" one's spirituality to be more worthy for the Christ Child when He is born.

Of course, the time before Christmas can be very stressful (because QVC cannot help with most of what is needed), so it's not easy to keep one's spirituality in the forefront!

I do find, though, that an Advent wreath really helps. It sets a certain mood, and one does have to slow down and actually reflect.

(I think using the word Advent to sell beauty products is WRONG.)

Honored Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

DesertDi, Advent is very similar to Lent. Ideally, one spends the time "preparing" one's spirituality to be more worthy for the Christ Child when He is born.

Of course, the time before Christmas can be very stressful (because QVC cannot help with most of what is needed), so it's not easy to keep one's spirituality in the forefront!

I do find, though, that an Advent wreath really helps. It sets a certain mood, and one does have to slow down and actually reflect.

I completely agree.  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@insomniac wrote:

I completely agree.  di

I don't like it, either. 

Respected Contributor

This is like having a Mass where you get a beauty item rather than Communion.  

No thanks -- this is too much irreverance for me.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York