Honored Contributor

Re: Adrian from Signiture Club A

@Desertdi wrote:

Perhaps her daughter, Lauren, would take over if Adrien (real spelling) retires

Lauren is her exact clone, she csme on HSN with her years ago, Adrienne had her young so she is already in her mid 50's. Adrienne was widowed a few years ago. She will be 78 in a few months. 

Trusted Contributor

@wishmoon, I think you're right that at one time we were instructed to apply makeup "up," I think to discourage sagging, but I've read that applying in a downward direction is better because of peach fuzz. Applying upward causes the face fuzz to stick up or out. Also, I don't think applying makeup "upward" every day does much to counteract the effects of gravity. Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

She's definitely a character -- one of a kind. Used to see her in Bloomingdale's in NY selling her line and doing makeovers ages ago.  I can only watch her in small doses, but I like her use of less-than-perfect models.

Honored Contributor

I always admired her but her "look" is the antithesis of how I like to look. She was always into a lot of makeup and her skin care and cosmetics back in the day were heavily scented.

Respected Contributor

I too like that she uses models of ALL ages and some not so beautiful....real world ladies.....not ONLY young flawless women (like one of the vendors on Q who I will never buy from because of this. She's no spring chicken herself....no names or I'll get poofed)).

Trusted Contributor

@MsLomo Thank you, that makes sense, I'll adjust my application of makeup to reflect the pros. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

I too like that she uses models of ALL ages and some not so beautiful....real world ladies.....not ONLY young flawless women (like one of the vendors on Q who I will never buy from because of this. She's no spring chicken herself....no names or I'll get poofed)).

And I like the fact that her models dont wink and lift their eyebrows and open their mouth's and stick their tounges out. 

Super Contributor

@Tique Yes, I totally agree. I love all her products and have continued to go back to her creams long after blowing a ton of $$ on all the supposedly better and newest anti-aging that pops up daily. Her argon oil products are IMO way better than JM and I am always stocked up. Her Ounce of Gold day cream really does plump up my old dry skin so well I can go without makeup. Nuff said, I love her and her shows.

Valued Contributor

Years ago, I bought a skincare kit that included the electric scrubber brush. The kit included a cleanser that had real crushed flower petals., if anyone remembers that. My husband actually compimented my skin. When do men notice such things lol. No longer sells the kit and I ran out of the product ages ago. 

Honored Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

Years ago, I bought a skincare kit that included the electric scrubber brush. The kit included a cleanser that had real crushed flower petals., if anyone remembers that. My husband actually compimented my skin. When do men notice such things lol. No longer sells the kit and I ran out of the product ages ago. 

Yes, when she first began on HSN in 1994 with her original Arpel line, she had had a line made from flower petals, it was a red gel cleanser that had little petals floating in it, I loved it!! Once HSN bought her company and it became Sig. Club A in 1997, that flower line disappeared. There were also masks and scrubs. And then her 5 Essentials creme was known as the 4 in 1 Creme.