Super Contributor

Acure Organics Argan Oil vs. Josie Maran

Has anyone compared Acure Organics Argan Oil to Josie Maran's? Is there a big difference?

Contributor

Re: Acure Organics Argan Oil vs. Josie Maran

On 8/14/2014 Poppet1 said:

Has anyone compared Acure Organics Argan Oil to Josie Maran's? Is there a big difference?

Hi Poppet1, I went to do the comparison you describe because a post highly recommended Acure, but after doing some research on the products offered by Acure decided to buy their Marula oil rather than Argan oil. I've just finished my bottle of Marula and it's worked really well for me e.g. it's absorbed quickly, keeps my face from drying out and doesn't cause breakouts, so all in all I like it just as much as Josie Maran's argan oil and it's a fraction of the cost, which is always a plus...! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} So based on my experience with Acure's marula oil I would definitely give their argan oil a try.

BTW if this is important for you the Marula oil has no scent. HTH.

Valued Contributor

I have both. Acure's Argan Oil has quite the scent and is thicker than JMs. Have been using Acure on lower parts of my body away from my nose. Don't think I would purchase the Acure again.

No thought is worth thinking.....
Super Contributor

I've used both, and I didn't see any difference between the two. Of course, there will plenty of posts that disagree with me.

Super Contributor

I may be wrong but isn't the one from Acure in a see through bottle. I thought it needed to be protected from light but I could be wrong. Just something to think about.

Honored Contributor

On 8/14/2014 myshell624 said:

I may be wrong but isn't the one from Acure in a see through bottle. I thought it needed to be protected from light but I could be wrong. Just something to think about.

I contacted acure about the clear bottle, it is UV protected. Looks like they were one step ahead of us!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I have acure's Marula oil and it is very, very nice. I have not tried the argan oil. Whatever argan oil you purchase make sure it is cold pressed.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

On 8/14/2014 KatCat1 said:
On 8/14/2014 myshell624 said:

I contacted acure about the clear bottle, it is UV protected. Looks like they were one step ahead of us!

That's good to knowSmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I agree with bunjetto,the Acure has quite a strong scent and is thicker. I won't use mine,much prefer Josie Marans. I wish it were cheaper but it has no scent and just sinks right into the skin

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Super Contributor

On 8/14/2014 beauty junkie said:

I agree with bunjetto,the Acure has quite a strong scent and is thicker. I won't use mine,much prefer Josie Marans. I wish it were cheaper but it has no scent and just sinks right into the skin

I haven't tried Acure' s but I just received Josie's upcoming TSV which has the oil. I'm really loving it. It sinks in better than I would have expected and leaves my skin so soft. I know it's expensive on its own but I found the kit a reasonable price considering I like everything in it which is really unusual for me. LOL.