New Contributor

I find it extremely offensive that the make-up artists show us the application on a FULLY MADE-UP FACE. Do they think we're idiots? L.G. was doing it this a.m. At least Jamie Kerns takes off her makeup and reapplys so you can judge the coverage. Put the foundation on a REAL FACE with REAL ISSUES.  I will not purchase any more cosmetic items for QVC if this continues.

Super Contributor

Re: Actual demo of makeup??????

agree. Also not buying until they show the actual colors in the containers. A pix of a lady does absolutely nothing to help me judge color.  

Contributor

I agree.  Unless I see a demo on a clean face I don't buy.  Yes, Jamie removes some of her makeup and that's fine but to watch them run a brush lightly over the models face, that is fully made-up already, doesn't work for me.

Valued Contributor

@M Kat, you're right.  But I suspect that making up a bare face would just take tooooo loooong for QVC to tolerate.  The hosts and vendors have to talk a mile a minute as it is (or faster), and many times, for many different products, they leave out essential information because they're just too busy repeating themselves.  Just watch a presentation and count how many times in 10-15 minutes they say the same thing.  By the end of a makeup presentation, the model's face is often splotchy or overdone (especially with bronzers and mascara applications).  If making up a bare face truly takes only five minutes, then let's see the process and the outcome.  There's plenty of time to do that in a lengthy TSV presentation.

Respected Contributor

Gosh, you sure offend easily.

Honored Contributor

@Brooklynny wrote:

@M Kat, you're right.  But I suspect that making up a bare face would just take tooooo loooong for QVC to tolerate.  The hosts and vendors have to talk a mile a minute as it is (or faster), and many times, for many different products, they leave out essential information because they're just too busy repeating themselves.  Just watch a presentation and count how many times in 10-15 minutes they say the same thing.  By the end of a makeup presentation, the model's face is often splotchy or overdone (especially with bronzers and mascara applications).  If making up a bare face truly takes only five minutes, then let's see the process and the outcome.  There's plenty of time to do that in a lengthy TSV presentation.

Not sure about that, I mean, I tried watching one of Laura's shows yesterday and they had spent 22 minutes on the TSV and where STILL going when I turned the channel. How long would it take to show it applied to a clean face?? Certainly not longer than 22 minutes I hope. And if it did, then I'd know for sure it wasn't for me as I don't like long, complicated routines. Some of the other vendors are starting to demo on bare face. I believe Mally just did in one of her shows- foundation, mascara, eyeshadow and lip gloss.

Valued Contributor

Remember the lady from Models Prefer line, Stacey something.  She went to HSN with her line.  She always started her show with a clean face and put the products on throughout her presentation.

Trusted Contributor

With any TSV presentation, there is usually more than enough time to apply a foundation, blush and a bronzer.  Even a quick swipe of eye makeup if it is also included.  I suspect they don't often do it because many of the foundations won't give adequate coverage without additional products such as concealers and other such products.

It also may be due to the limited shade selections and them not showing up well on air with nothing underneath to balance some of them.  They are almost all heavily yellow based which do not look good on many, regardless of what QVC thinks.  It can't be a coincidence that almost all venders sold primarily on QVC offer only 5 or 6 shades, with just about all being yellow based.

Honored Contributor

@DoneTryin wrote:

Gosh, you sure offend easily.

I agree.  'Extremely offended' by a makeup presentation?  That's kinda sad.  I don't think Q thinks we are idiots at all....just saving time by showing you the end result.

Maybe a nicely worded suggestion instead of a threat would carry more weight.

While I totally agree with you and especially @Adamlambert comment about seeing the actual product......I think suggestions have a better chance of being read and acted upon.

Honored Contributor

@M Kat wrote:

I find it extremely offensive that the make-up artists show us the application on a FULLY MADE-UP FACE. Do they think we're idiots? L.G. was doing it this a.m. At least Jamie Kerns takes off her makeup and reapplys so you can judge the coverage. Put the foundation on a REAL FACE with REAL ISSUES.  I will not purchase any more cosmetic items for QVC if this continues.

@M Kat

Offensive?   Think you're idiots?    Wow ....  

If you are inexperienced and need makeup application lessons, there are plenty of tutorials on youtube.  

If you are looking for FULL COVERAGE makeup, then that's the key word for you to search for.   Since makeup is always described as light, medium or full coverage, any makeup demo is really unnecessary.  On any makeup demo I've ever seen, they categorize it and there's more info on the website page for the product.  You should expect to do a little research.   Wasting time on a full makeup application is really unnecessary.

The vendor is there to explain the features and benefits of any product being presented ... QVC air time is precious and they can't spend a whole hour on just one item.