Valued Contributor

Actress Julianne Moore's Secret to Beautiful Skin!!!

Saw this gorgeous redhead's interview yesterday. At 54 her delicate skin looks like porcelain. Her secret, she said she has worn sunscreen every day no matter what since she was 23! Wish I had started sooner myself but wearing it the past 25 years has definitely helped. She looked stunning in a very simple way.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Actress Julianne Moore's Secret to Beautiful Skin!!!

I think she is gorgeous! ....and extremely talented. Although she has been nominated, I don't think she's ever won an Oscar... I wish she'd win one.
Honored Contributor

She does have beautiful skin but it may or may not be due to having worn sunscreen all her life. She has access to expensive dermatologists and probably does facials etc. as well as the best cosmetics that can create such a look for her. If she were a normal person she may not have skin that looks that great but then again I have known many women who worked outdoors on farms and never used sunscreen and their skin is great also. It's probably more to do with good genes than anything else.

Honored Contributor

Great genes and a great dermatologist!

Valued Contributor

I've seen photos of her with no make up walking around in her Greenwich Village neighborhood with her family and she still looks lovely. Definitely the good genes help but for a redhead's sensitive skin I'm sure the sunscreen was a wise move.

Respected Contributor

I don't know who she is, but I'm always skeptical of these entertainers who claim their ageless skin is due only to sunscreen, soap and water, or some such mundane regimen. More often than not they've had anything from fillers to Botox to plastic surgery.

Super Contributor

On 1/1/2015 virgosun said:

I've seen photos of her with no make up walking around in her Greenwich Village neighborhood with her family and she still looks lovely. Definitely the good genes help but for a redhead's sensitive skin I'm sure the sunscreen was a wise move.

I've seen pics of her walking around make up free and her skin didn't look good at all. Make up helps most of us. But, money helps even more. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Super Contributor

The best thing that anyone can do for their skin is to stay out of the sun.

Honored Contributor

Pictures can be photo shopped.

Super Contributor

On 1/1/2015 Pook said:

Pictures can be photo shopped.

So true and people can be filmed using filters too. When you see celebs IRL it's amazing how many are lined or have acne.