Trusted Contributor

Re: Active Argan Anniversary Evine visit 2/8 - 9 - 10

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@BdBettyB - TY for the updates! Is shipping still at 2.99? I want to catch a few of her shows, no chance yet nor to peruse the website.

The new AA resurfacing serum sounds like Skinn Transluscence serum. I looked at the AA serum on Evine a few days ago and directions state to use at night and to wait 30 min before applying other serums/products. I like Skinn Transluscence and try to use it mon-fri alternating with retiniacin 

$2.99 only on certain items which I'm bummed about. It's her anniversary, c'mon Evine! 

The  AA resurfacing is very much like the Skinn one but I'm on the fence with the AA one. I love the Skinn translucence serum. It's one of my favorite Skinn products and I don't want to switch it up. I'll most likely pass on this TTV. Smiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@BdBettyB - TY for the updates! Is shipping still at 2.99? I want to catch a few of her shows, no chance yet nor to peruse the website.

The new AA resurfacing serum sounds like Skinn Transluscence serum. I looked at the AA serum on Evine a few days ago and directions state to use at night and to wait 30 min before applying other serums/products. I like Skinn Transluscence and try to use it mon-fri alternating with retiniacin 

$2.99 only on certain items which I'm bummed about. It's her anniversary, c'mon Evine! 

The  AA resurfacing is very much like the Skinn one but I'm on the fence with the AA one. I love the Skinn translucence serum. It's one of my favorite Skinn products and I don't want to switch it up. I'll most likely pass on this TTV. Smiley Happy 

Shipping is all over the place. Sale prices were better when she was on for New Years. I waited for the anniversary thinking there will be better dealsWoman Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FLGators wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Shipping is all over the place. Sale prices were better when she was on for New Years. I waited for the anniversary thinking there will be better dealsWoman Frustrated

I'm sorry. Last years anniversary sale was SPECTACULAR! I've been waiting all year. This sale so far doesn't compare at all to last year.  BUT the TTV oil of 4 oz for $40.00 is AWESOME!  

Plus, there are some really low low priced items this visit. I'm getting a few things for sure like the Restore Defense Extract and the booster spray. Both have never been this low price wise and the shipping is $2.99. 

Respected Contributor

I was going to order some of the products until I read the reviews here from 2017. They came up when I was doing an online search for reviews of this line of products. I was not searching here. The reviews from that time are not so good!! So changed my mind about ordering.

Honored Contributor

I've tried some of her products and wasn't impressed with them.  I ordered so much when Isomers was on that I don't need a thing.

Honored Contributor

I ordered this-never tried it and it's a good chance to try it-I was just about ready to re-order my Borghese cleanser which I've been using since they were on shopnbc. Love it, but I'd like to buy everything AA I like it so much, but not everything. I also think she's gotten too many products-it's mind boggling. Thank goodness she explains when to use something. So many things seem superfluous to me. But I love what I already have. Just stop now, that's enough!

aascal.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

I was going to order some of the products until I read the reviews here from 2017. They came up when I was doing an online search for reviews of this line of products. I was not searching here. The reviews from that time are not so good!! So changed my mind about ordering.

@FlowerBear do you know which products got the bad reviews ?  I've tried several of her items ~ her oils are my favorites ~ but some dont like the smell of it 

Honored Contributor

I was going ot try the Model Secret Tightening Serum until I saw it had twice as many 1 star reviews as it has 5 star, no wonder it is at a Try Me Price now.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CoastalGal

This is some of what I read in the reviews:

Active Argan....Did I just hear correctly? - 

Greasing up your face is not going to make you look even 6 months younger.  It's part of the dramatic exaggeration that comes with selling cosmetics on TV.  Wait til she gets to the before and afters and you can't tell the difference.

Active Argan....

They ought to call her Morgan SCHTICK. 

Active Argan....

I just heard her say your face will never age once you start using this stuff......somebody better inform her of false advertising!!

Active Argan...

I got a sample of the TTv today in a evine order and i used it tonight.....Its a thick gel argan stem cell night elixir....I did a  lactic acid peel tonight and got several raw spots that were sore and of course red......I first used isomers copper p then used the elixir its still red but the soreness is gone....It will be interesting to see if this helps heal it quicker.......I haven't watched the show yet but will record the next one....I googled argan stem cells and found this interesting article by a  doctor in Switzerland....Below is partial article.

Active Argan....

What products or treatments can help to activate stem cells in my skin?
Scientifically speaking, to properly demonstrate activation of the skin’s stem cells, different ingredients would have to be rigorously laboratory tested against a pool of human dermal stem cells (harvested simply by miniscule biopsies). This sophisticated and complicated laboratory process has only been available since December 2009, and precisely, Dr. LEVY Switzerland®’s Booster Serum & Cream are the world’s 1st cosmetics with an ingredient, ArganCDV proven to activate & vitalize human dermis stem cells in vitro.

Why has it taken so long to find a dermal stem cell activator like ArganCDV?
Because the stem cells’ reservoir’s exact location in the dermis was only formally proven in late 2009 by Canadian researchers (Cell Stem Cell, Dec. 2009). And you can only test an ingredient to see if it activates dermal stem cells if you have previously isolated these target cells to test them against. In partnership with laboratories in Switzerland, we were able to do just that by isolating and then multiplying human dermal stem cells using the sophisticated techniques described by the Canadian university researchers. We then tested a battery of plant-derived ingredients (we wanted to avoid all animal and human extracts) against them and discovered that the stem cell extracts from the roots of the Argan tree (not Argan oil) was the best activator & vitalizer of human dermal stem cells. As well, ArganCDV is the most active and deeply penetrating of the Argan root stem cell extracts !
As an important side note, I believe that animal & human derived stem cells are potentially dangerous as purveyors of germs, viruses, immune-reactive proteins, etc. and that they should be avoided in cosmetics.

Other cosmetic brands have already launched creams that they claim can activate and protect stem cells in skin. What is so special, new and revolutionary about your products?
The secret lies in the dermis : our exclusive, patented formula, ArganCellActiv®, stimulates both dermal & epidermal stem cell activators together !
This makes of Dr. LEVY Switzerland® treatments the first cosmetics available in the world with an exclusive ingredient – ArganCDV – which has been proven scientifically to activate & vitalize human dermis stem cells in vitro.
This had never been done before !

Aside from the dermis & epidermis stem cells activators, what does your exclusive ArganCellActiv® complex consist of? How does it work?
ArganCellActiv® is the whole patented formula.
The innovation is proven Dermis + Epidermis stem cell boosters featuring the exclusive Dermal Stem Cell booster ArganCDV.
In addition there are 2 other plant-derived stem cell extracts which boost the epidermis stem cells.
Finally, the formula includes a cocktail of deeply penetrating active anti-oxidants, vitamins (A+C+E), Omegas, peptides and moisturizing agents. In fact, as for the role of nutrition in a fitness program (which needs to be balanced and varied) the skin needs all of these ingredients to maintain a healthy, young foundation in order to assure the optimal activity of all our ingredients.

Does ArganCDV penetrate into the skin ?
Yes. In order for ArganCDV to penetrate deeper into the skin it is encapsulated in a specialized double liposome penetrating system.

What is the optimal age for using a cream that activates your own skin stem cells? Will it be too late if I start at 50?
Aging already starts at around 20 years-old and theoretically one should start the creams at 20. In reality, we only notice that at 30 years-old many patients start to have fine lines and fine wrinkles, especially at the crow’s feet area. However, would 50 years old be too late to start treatment ?
Definitely no ! 
Patients at 50 years-old regularly using our Booster Serum and Booster Cream have been amazed at the significant improvement of the texture and smoothness of their skin. As well, independent clinical studies performed on women aged 39-61, have shown that with Argan Stem Cells extracts, skin density can be increased by +12.7% and wrinkle depth decreased by -26.2% after 8 weeks of treatment (Skin Test Institute, Neuchâtel S.A., 2011).

Are there any allergy risks?
Dr. LEVY Switzerland creams have all been rigorously allergy tested, and the formula has been carefully developed not to include any ingredient with any known important allergy risks.
The Dr. LEVY Switzerland, cosme-medical skin care regimen includes highly active ingredients within the ArganCellActiv® formula and the skin might appear slightly red (a manifestation of the high activity of the products) at the beginning of the treatment. This has been a rare occurrence and disappears most often very rapidly.

I called evine and asked to let corporate know its disgusting the claims she is making.....I am sure there are many buying this because they want to look 20-30 yrs younger AND that is why they let he say all this to make $$$$.How great it would be if some of the people who bought and used didnt look 20-30 yrs younger took the videos to a lawyer and sued her and evine!

OMG----that is the reason I don't watch any of these vendors about their so-called miracle lotions and potions. I can't tell the difference in the before/after photo what the HUGE difference is by using them. Hype and more hype. And I think Miss Morgan is at the top of the most aggreviated vendors to listen to

ITA that it's all bull. It's up to us as as good consumers (& hopefully smart enough to know better) to weed through these untruths.

IF Argon oil is so rare, ie; grows in one small country, trees take many years to grow, harvested by hand, blah blah. How is it that soooooo many products supposedly have it, I think the first peron I heard about it was the Signature Club A.

Josie's Reserve was also made from the leaves...did she say, roots as well?....and the shells, which, I guess, makes the MS product "active," as, I continue to guess, other argan things, then, must be "inactive"...? 

Is "active" just a marketing term, or is there something else more to it?

Honored Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

@FLGators wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

I'm sorry. Last years anniversary sale was SPECTACULAR! I've been waiting all year. This sale so far doesn't compare at all to last year.  BUT the TTV oil of 4 oz for $40.00 is AWESOME!  

Plus, there are some really low low priced items this visit. I'm getting a few things for sure like the Restore Defense Extract and the booster spray. Both have never been this low price wise and the shipping is $2.99. 

@BdBettyB - I just want you to know that I appreciate the time you take to post about different beauty brands Heart

Too bad about the wonky shipping fees Woman Tongue Evine has always been poorly managed and it shows. I really like AA body products, the 5 min mask kit and her basic oil. The 4p oil TTV set is a very good value. 

I've been determined to use my beauty stash despite new offers/temptations. Decided to not make any new beauty purchases until Skinn launch at HSN in March, but I enjoy reading your threads/updates. Have a nice weekend Heart

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri