Frequent Contributor

Re: Acne prone skin & Dr. Denese SPF 30 Defense Day Cream????

Thank you all for your input. I broke out terrible from Dr. Denise's Hydroshield a few years back and was hesitant o try the SPF cream. Most anything with SPF breaks me out except Eliazabeth Arden Visible Difference Lotion. I do not think the lotion worked to protect my face though---I got more color than I had ever gotten with any other lotion. ElivisShops: Thank you for the recommendation. Zinc Oxide doesn't cause breakouts does it?
Frequent Contributor

ElivisShops: Is this the produce you recommend? Devita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30 Thanks!
Trusted Contributor

Mkcw it sounds like you may have trouble with "cones" too. Not everyone does but for many of us, eliminating them 100% (or even 80-90%) has helped us eliminate "random" breakouts. You may want to try looking at your skincare and cosmetics and try an elimination. I have written down a list of all "cones" including those that don't end in "cone" and I did a purge of my makeup last year. I didn't throw anything away, but set it aside if it had any silicone in it, and tried avoiding for several weeks. The results were pretty obvious and now I've tossed most silicone culprits. Dimethicone is even in many pressed powders which really disappointed me.
Trusted Contributor

On 2/1/2014 mkcw said: ElivisShops: Is this the produce you recommend? Devita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30 Thanks!

Yes. There is one for face and one for body. I have breakout sensitive skin and have used Devita for many years without any problems. Of course, every skin is different.

Frequent Contributor

CA Shopper: I think you are right. I have put off doing that, but know it is the thing to do. I am vain and do not want to go out with anything on my face, so the first thing I will look into is my Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Powder Foundation and its ingredients. I do not think that causes issues, in fact, when my face acts up, I return to that. But thank you voice of reason :-) I think I will take your advice.
Frequent Contributor

Wow! Dimethicone is in my Elizabeth Arden powder foundation and in the Ceva lotion I use! Sigh . . .
Frequent Contributor

Wow! Dimethicone is in my Elizabeth Arden powder foundation and in the CeraVe lotion I use! It is even in the Cetaphil lotion as well. Sigh . . .
Respected Contributor

I couldnt use it, too many 'cones' in it for me too. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Frequent Contributor

ElivisShops: Well, I took the plunge and ordered the Devita SPF 30. I am hopeful. hank you for the recommendation. and I will try to eliminate cones and see. ave you by chance tried the Devita powder mineral foundation or lipsticks? It looked interesting when I was on their website.
Respected Contributor

Beside the ""cones"" stearic acid and some oils can be acne-causing. Hope the Devita works for you - let us know.