Super Contributor

Re: ASDM users, are you liking the toner and cleanser?

On 8/18/2014 Kind1too said:
On 8/17/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 8/17/2014 Nadine said:

When I try a new cleanser I cleanse and then use a Somme Institute glycolic pad to see if any makeup comes off on the pad. If it does then I know the cleanser isn't doing the job.

I've seen ladies with a muddy looking complexion and I've always thought it was because they weren't cleansing properly.

I've been looking for a rinse-free glycolic pad -- thanks.

I just checked this out but Dermstore doesn't give the percentage of the glycolic acid -- do you happen to know?

Alpha Hydrox has 14% glycolic acid pads.

Thanks! Have you used them? If so, do they leave a residue? (I'm so picky!)

I really like their 12% Souffle, but am looking for something that has the consistency of a toner. And the pads just make it easier! :-)

I'll go check these out -- thanks again.

Super Contributor

Re: ASDM users, are you liking the toner and cleanser?

On 8/17/2014 myshell624 said:

I wasn't wowed by the cleanser but I did like the toner. The cleanser didn't remove my makeup as well as others I've used have. I guess if you want to wash twice with it, it might get it all. They do have a good return policy so I think it's worth a try. You won't know till you try it yourselfSmiley Happy

Was it a "gentle" cleanser? If you've tried Cetaphil or CeraVe, would it be comparable to one of those?

I have a myriad of cleansers and use what I feel my skin needs at any given time, and some mornings I just want a gentle cleansing (like CeraVe or Cetaphil). I'd rather use ASDM just because I like THEM so much. Thanks!

Yes it is gentle, but I do think you need to use a toner with it. If I skipped the toner in the morning, I felt like I had a film on my skin. If you're eyeing pads, you might could just use those after the cleanser and be fine. I have plenty left if you'd like me to send you some to try.

I wonder if it's like Skinn's Olive Oil cleanser. I tried some on the back of my hand and it definitely DID leave a residue (maybe it's supposed to).

I'm more than set for cleansers now, but thank to so much for the offer! I'll give a shout when my supplies have dwindled. :-)

I tried the Skinn PM cleanser. To me, it rinsed off pretty clean

My face feels okay after rinsing, but I tried it on my hand and the water almost beaded up. Maybe because my hand wasn't exfoliated.

I actually used it (the Olive Oil) last night, wet my Foreo and went over my face, a couple of splashes of H2O then washed with the a.m. stuff. I overdid it - very tight and dry. Live and learn. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}