Valued Contributor

Re: ARE THE MAKEUP ARTISTS BACK AT QVC?

To confirm, on the many recent Laura Geller shows (❤️ her btw!) she and the hosts have all said that they still have no makeup artists.  HSN I belive stated in one of the beauty shows too,  

Opinion only, but I think that like many of us who are not on HDTV, some people have bad skin or old skin with issues.  Piling on makeup typically not only makes those issues worse, but looks so bad in general.  I wish we would all just give ourselves and others a break and wear less makeup.  I have terrible sun spots from being a stupid tanning bed fanatic in my 20's, and regret it. But, I want to impress upon my young daughter that makeup does not make the person better and try to not wear as much as I used to.  I mean I was full coverage 7 days a week with UD All Nighter or KVD original LockIt and concealer. I have gone to Bare Minerals Gel  Complexion Rescue for WFH or weekends, and only if seeing other people.  Weekdays I use Doll10 Hydralux and Mallys new Stressless foundation (and only Shape Tape concealer at undereyes).

Super Contributor

Who knows? Earlier this week, Amy stated that they do not have a salon there & do their own hair, of course that was during & in conjunction with her sales pitch for a recent tsv hair tool. lol 

No salon & no makeup artists mean less expense and more profit.

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I am  not sure if they are back or not, but I do notice that several hosts makeup is heavier. Could be that they like to wear more makeup than others, but you can really tell the difference.

I myself prefer a much lighter approach, especially when it comes to over bronzing and dark, dark eyes.

Sometimes overlining your eyes makes them look so much smaller, like little black holes in the middle of your face! 

This part made me think of Little Orphan Annie. 😄

Honored Contributor

@nycalady wrote:

Who knows? Earlier this week, Amy stated that they do not have a salon there & do their own hair, of course that was during & in conjunction with her sales pitch for a recent tsv hair tool. lol 

No salon & no makeup artists mean less expense and more profit.

IMO, when the hosts and models are so overdone and no MUA to correct it, Q shoots themselves in the foot.

How can you sell cosmetics or skincare without better examples how they look or work?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus - Agree with QVC "shooting themselves in the foot" because there have been times when certain hosts have been selling a makeup item(s) and when the camera comes in close so that we can see how it looks on the host, the makeup is so overdone that most of the time it looks awful.  Not a good selling point.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@Shanus - Agree with QVC "shooting themselves in the foot" because there have been times when certain hosts have been selling a makeup item(s) and when the camera comes in close so that we can see how it looks on the host, the makeup is so overdone that most of the time it looks awful.  Not a good selling point.

@JudyL   Not to get too deep here, but since I'm a fine artist and MUA, many times when finishing makeup, I do the same thing I do when finishing a painting....take a photo in black and white.

This gives me perspective if one feature of the person is too strong/dark. The same happens in the painting if the eye doesn't travel around, more contrast is needed somewhere on the canvas. With a person, that may be too much makeup in one place that distracts rather than enhances.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would love to see make up artists on TV applying makeup to a clean face and showing the artist apply makeup and show the after.  Spice up the beauty programs.  Even with hair and the stylist giving a different cut.  This would get me back to watching QVC.

kindness is strength