Honored Contributor

Re: ANYONE USE LATISSE FOR EYELASHES?

I've been using Carprost generic for Latisse. It works but also there is a plateau. My lashes got thicker and longer but only up to a certain point and then no further change. 

I also use Carprost on my brows which has made my tails regrow. But there is a side-effect where the skin under my brows has darkened a bit. I don't mind that b/c my natural brows are very dark anyway so the darkened skin sort of enhances my brows so they look filled in. 

Be careful how you apply Latisse. Apply it to the upper lashes only and make sure not to get the solution anywhere but at the base of the lashes. Skin darkening, unwanted hair and possible periorbital skin atrophy (sunken eyes) which goes away once the treatment is stopped.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee I thought you had stopped the Careprost and was trying the VieBeauty product.  Did you go back to Careprost?

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SilleeMee I thought you had stopped the Careprost and was trying the VieBeauty product.  Did you go back to Careprost?

@Icegoddess 

I stopped using Careprost on my lashes but still using it on my brows.

I started using Viebeauty on my lashes about 3-1/2 months ago when I stopped using Careprost on my lashes. The Viebeauty works better than the Careprost on my lashes. They are much fuller and longer than ever before from using the Viebeauty. I'm on my second tube.

Respected Contributor

I used to use it because my daughter worked for a derm and was able to get it for me at a discount. Worked great but it takes several weeks to see results. I have since switched to Grande Lash which is less expensive. This take about 2 months to see results and works just as well for me.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess 

I started using Viebeauty on my lashes about 3-1/2 months ago when I stopped using Careprost on my lashes. The Viebeauty works better than the Careprost on my lashes. They are much fuller and longer than ever before from using the Viebeauty. I'm on my second tube.

@SilleeMee yeah, that's what I'm doing.  I can't say I have seen any big change in my lashes since the change, but I'm still on my first tube.  I think I'm about a month or month and a half in.  I waited until I finished the careprost bottle I was on to start the VieBeauty.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess 

@SilleeMee yeah, that's what I'm doing.  I can't say I have seen any big change in my lashes since the change, but I'm still on my first tube.  I think I'm about a month or month and a half in.  I waited until I finished the careprost bottle I was on to start the VieBeauty.  

@Icegoddess 

With my first tube of Viebeauty I was applying it twice daily, am/pm. On my second tube I'm applying once in the pm only. 

I wanted to get a good start on using Viebeauty by 'over-dosing' to give it a jump-start. I think it worked very well that way for me. 

Honored Contributor

I used it for two years and as a result lost a lot of fat around my eyes causing my eyes to look hollow. I use Dr. Rajani's Overnight Lash Serum and I'm extremely pleased with the results. 

Latisse, like other serums take time. Take a photo today and one In three months and I bet you'll see a difference.

Super Contributor

I avoided Latisse because it can change your eye color. I have been using Babe Lash for a couple of years and swear by it. No irritation, no other side effects. Not cheap, but tube lasts a long time.
Honored Contributor

Even the OTC lash serums can change your eye color and/or darken the skin where applied if they contain a prostaglandin (and the ingredient list will not list it as prostaglandin).  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

No, but I am using VieBeauti Lash Serum, and let me tell you, that stuff works!

A336BBB5-9A61-4A82-B2C9-41C740261481.jpeg

@qvc chick  - I also use this product.  You've got to try it.  I've used Latisse in the past and this one works better and the price is excellent!