Valued Contributor

ANYONE TRY CARMINDY UNIVERSAL BLUSH?

Has anyone tried Carmindy's Universal At First Blush?

The reviews I've seen online suggest that it goes on like clown orange, is very saturated. I look at Carmindy and she looks fine in it. Your opinions please?

Honored Contributor

Re: ANYONE TRY CARMINDY UNIVERSAL BLUSH?

@furbabylover I enjoyed her on What Not To Wear and thought she always used a light hand with makeup, which I appreciated.

She never made the women look overly madeup or clownish.

Super Contributor

No I have not tried her blush--but I have to say I am done with Carmindy cosmetics--sure they are reasonable but!--I just returned her mascara set--it was terrible--it was everything you don't want a mascara to be--it came out of the tube so glopy and went on so messy--can't believe she sell this--I did also order her eyeliners--they are just ok--I need eyeliners and don't have the time to go shopping for them so I am keeping them--they don't go on smoothly like she said--very disappointed in her line--won't be buying again----------------------marynj

Honored Contributor

@danedylan wrote:

No I have not tried her blush--but I have to say I am done with Carmindy cosmetics--sure they are reasonable but!--I just returned her mascara set--it was terrible--it was everything you don't want a mascara to be--it came out of the tube so glopy and went on so messy--can't believe she sell this--I did also order her eyeliners--they are just ok--I need eyeliners and don't have the time to go shopping for them so I am keeping them--they don't go on smoothly like she said--very disappointed in her line--won't be buying again----------------------marynj

@danedylan , I wasn't impressed with her lipsticks either.  I recently ordered the 3 piece set that was presented during a Dare to Share show and they were on sale so I caved, even though I don't need one other lipstick.  They came Friday and the colors are just blah.  2 of them look nearly identical on my lips and the other shade is way too brown and I look embalmed. 

Based on that, I'll pass on her other products.  

Valued Contributor

I have the blush and it’s not clown orange. It’s a pink peachy color, IMO it’s flattering. It’s matte. I also had her blush from her old HSN line and I much preferred it to the qvc line. The hsn blush reminded me of a Clinique cheek pop and the color was a slightly warmer peachy pink that was slightly luminous (no sparkle though) with great staying power. In fact I think I’ll go on eBay to see if I can get one on the cheap.
Valued Contributor

I'm wearing the blush now.Smiley Happy I find blush much like a foundation in that I have to choose shades that work for my light/med neutral skin tone. This one looks subtle but definitely not a rose flush, more peachy.

As for Carmindy's other products: I like and use often her shadows and highlighter. The lipsticks are gone from my lips faster than the speed of light.

I wish she'd make them in the USA.

Honored Contributor

I have not tried it, but I don't know that i believe in universal blush shades.  I generally go for a pinky/rose tone.  I do have Nars O which is a very bright peach in the pan, but looks nice on me with a light hand, but I stll almost always reach for my Tart Dazzled blush.  I really only wear the Nars one when I wear clothing that works better with the peach shade.