Honored Contributor

ANYONE PURCHASE MAC EARLY THIS MORNING?

[ Edited ]

I purchased the palette with brush 217. Love the shadows (really did not need another palette), but brush 217 is their iconic brush for doing eye makeup. It's probably the only one I use the most. I have several so always have a clean one ready. 

What, if anything caught your eye?

Honored Contributor

Re: ANYONE PURCHASE MAC EARLY THIS MORNING?

Did not see the migdnight show, butlooking forward to this evening's show-might be tempted to try something then. Definitely not the foundation though-too difficult to choose from so many different colors on television!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  I didn't see the show but just checked it out & watched the video. I wear mostly neutrals. Based on your recommendation I just ordered it.
 I need new brushes. The #217 will be a good start. Any suggestions on a good set of brushes that won't break the bank?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Shanus  I didn't see the show but just checked it out & watched the video. I wear mostly neutrals. Based on your recommendation I just ordered it.
 I need new brushes. The #217 will be a good start. Any suggestions on a good set of brushes that won't break the bank?

@NicksmomESQ   I'm not a great one to ask about inexpensive brushes. I won't spend a fortune on a brush, but have always purchased GOOD brushes, even if one at a time, because they last and don't begin shedding after washing many times. 

I have Bobbi Brown brushes from 25-30 yrs. ago that look good as new. I also purchase Trish McEvoy brushes. She was one of the first makeup artists to make brushes for herself and other artists. IT brushes are good, too.  I have many from MAC. 

Your brushes will last forever if you keep the metal part out of the water when cleaning them and dry them hanging over the edge of the counter after squeezing the bristles into their original shape. Also regularly clean  them (once a week for me) and I spray them each time I use them w/ IT's Brush Love. I rub them gently on a paper towel and good to go immediately. 

You don't need that many brushes to start. Many women make the mistake of purchasing sets and never use some included. Know your makeup style and what products you use. You shouldn't need more than 3 eye makeup brushes: a small flat brush for laying down eye shadow, a fine liner brush (if you do liner) and a longer, pointed fluffy brush for the crease and blending. Face brushes: a foundation brush. I prefer a dense, rounded head on a brush rather than the flat foundation brushes and a damp sponge is good for blending and removing extra foundation, an angled, fluffy blush brush that can also do bronzer or contouring and a large fluffy face brush to use for powder. Extras would be a concealer brush, an extra brush for cream blush blending and maybe a separate brush for blush and bronzer. I also like a "smudge brush" for shadow and applying powder shadow under the eye. Of course, a slanted stiff brow brush with a spoolie at other end if you don't use brow pencil.

Hope I anwered what you needed to know. Ask for any clarifications. 

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ   Sorry for the long detailed brush recommendations. Probably more info than you needed. Lol

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Did not see the migdnight show, butlooking forward to this evening's show-might be tempted to try something then. Definitely not the foundation though-too difficult to choose from so many different colors on television!

currently trying some MAC foundations, actually like them. the sales person picked out the right shade immediately .