Super Contributor

ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH MICRO-NEEDLING

My med spa wants to do it, the cost is $700.

I have some blemishes and uneven skin tone

She said it would be a big help.

It is so much money, I would like to know if it is worth it.

Honored Contributor

Re: ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH MICRO-NEEDLING

@qvc chick 
@SilleeMee  is very experienced at this and can give your proper guidance. 

Respected Contributor

@qvc chick 

Besides any poster's input, please check Google, medical websites and your dermatologist for additional information.

The dermatologist may be the most helpful since they would know your history ( if you have one ).  

$700 seems very expensive and risky to have done at a spa, IMO.  Be thorough: there is only one face.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Me! I had a set of three last year and am currently doing another set of three. 

Do your research; One won't make much of a difference. You need to do a series four weeks apart. 

I am currently combining it with a series of three Clear Lift Facelifts. I do a Laser and two weeks later, RF Microneedling, rinse, and repeat. 

My esthetician offers packages of three for a discounted rate.

I have high pain tolerance, so we get in here and go deep. Even with numbing, it is painful but so worth it. There is minimal downtime. I stop Tretinon four days before and five days after and baby my skin for a few days after. Since I bought two packages, they gave me skin nectar for aftercare, making my skin really nice.

One of the plastic surgeons I follow believes everyone should get it done once a year as part of a good skincare regimen. I love RF Microneedling and know it makes a difference.

Ask if your neck is part of the price. We do my neck and under my eyes as well.

Esteemed Contributor

I've never had it done, but I get the impression that microneedling results are temporary, and it needs to be done continuously or it doesn't work. Maybe someone can let me know  if this is correct. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

I've never had it done, but I get the impression that microneedling results are temporary, and it needs to be done continuously or it doesn't work. Maybe someone can let me know  if this is correct. 

It builds collagen and resurfaces your skin. Like anything, the aging process marches on, and you must maintain it if you are happy with the results. It is not an overnight fix. It takes a couple of months to see the results. I do mine once a year.

Honored Contributor

Treatment prices vary depending on where you live.

Usually a single treatment will give you partial results meaning what you'll see after a few weeks time has passed will be very slight improvement. 

Six treatments, once monthly, is the usual schedule and then after those six you can expect to see maximum results.

Needling with platelet-rich-plasma (PRP), aka "vampire facial" is another method of treatment where your blood is drawn from your arm, processed and then used directly on your face post-needling. This method is said to speed up healing time and reduce irritation but it adds to the cost by a few hundred dollars for each treatment.

Six one-a-month sessions can be done yearly. Results can last for years so touch-ups would be more cost effective.