Valued Contributor

Re: ANYONE EVER USE ROGAINE?

@SoCal Bred wrote:

@Tsukiko  - wrote I've been using Rogaine 5% foam since February. I am extremely happy with the results.  You will not grow hair on your face unless you're rubbing it all over your face everyday. I started out with the Rogaine foam for women but have switched to Costco's version. It says it's for men but the ingredients are the same.

@Tsukiko  - I am currently using the Rogaine (foam) for Women, I saw that you can purchase the Costco Kirkland brand through Amazon, you get a better deal on the Men's foam, would you recommend the men's foam over the women's to use?

Yes absolutely! The ingredients are the same with the exception of one ingredient which was nothing that would affect the treatment. The men's formula says to use 2x a day but I only use it once everyday. Personally I like to apply it after I wash and towel dry my hair. Then I massage about a half cap full on my scalp, temples and along the hairline. A half a cap full doesn't sound like much but that is all you need. Each bottle lasts me over 2 months. I can't member how much I paid for a case of Kirkland at Costco but it was a good deal.

Honored Contributor

I tried using the foam but it was just so sticky but I have had good results using their shampoo and conditioner. Much less hair loss overall. 

Frequent Contributor

@GenXmuse  What kind of shampoo and conditioner do you use?

Honored Contributor

@NewNickname1x1000 wrote:

@GenXmuse  What kind of shampoo and conditioner do you use?

It's Nioxin System 2. Amazon has the set and the reviews are mostly positive if you want to check it out and see what you think.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not like the mouse.  Unless you was hair everyday  it makes a dirty mess  of my hair.  I have used the womens rogaine for years and it does help.   Especially if you loose due to illness, stress or medications.   It helps long term   But yes, if you discontinue after a couple months the hair falls out...  not much, but it does.   After you  have used it for several months you can reduce to once a day, a few times a week.   It doesnt work on back of head  really   Usually in the male baldness areas it works best.    I can tell it grows because after getting hair colored,in a couple weeks there is heavy gray line  showing

Frequent Contributor

@DazlinYou're welcome and thank you for your kind words. Regarding the facial hair, when I was in my 20s, the neighbor lady was going through menopause and she had chin and upper lip hairs pop up here and there. Fast forward to my issue and it might be due to menopause for me. So it might not even be associated with the minoxidil. I only apply it to my head and by the testimonials of the others using it, they haven't experienced that side effect.

Thank you for this thread. I learned a lot from the comments.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee    Amen to that.  I can attest to that.  The sun not only fries your hair, it does cause hair loss later on in years.  You wont notice sun damage to hair right away, usually about December it sticks its ugly head out.  The hair breaks off, is brittle and dry...especially fine curly hair like mine

Frequent Contributor

@GenXmuse   Thank you very much.

Trusted Contributor

My dr suggested Biotin supplements due to my thinning hair. I think it has helped some but it also causes my nails to grow so fast i have to cut them weekly. I would be reluctant to use Rogaine due to several drugs I have to take.

Honored Contributor

@NewNickname1x1000 wrote:

@GenXmuse   Thank you very much.

Sure thing! 😉