Honored Contributor

@RooRoo @cuddlesmama 

Most of us know what looks good on us.  Chances are if we like what we see, it's a good color choice for us.  I can wear red altho it's not a color I search for but if I do buy a red shirt, it has to be a blue based (cool) red.

I'm glad the diagrams helped Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lavendar 

Cerave is a polarizing product.  People either love it or hate it.

I keep Aveeno Calm and Restore Serum and gel cream on hand for when I wreck havoc on my skin and need to give it some tender loving care.  And sometimes like the earlier this  week, my skin wasn't in distress, I just felt like giving it a break so I didn't use any of my TEN products/treatments and just applied some Aveeno Calm and Restore.  I like to keep it in my skin fridge.

Respected Contributor

I've done well with Aveeno products when my skin was flaring (I have Sjogren's syndrome.) Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama   That's a tough one since many purples do pull red. It could also look cool and because your skin has yellow undertones, that could make it look more red.

Use a medium toned shadow primer to cancel out your lid color. I find Viseart shades to be true as seen in the palettes...also Tarte and Smashbox. 

Honored Contributor

@lavendar   If you have reactive skin, your derm will have the best recommendations. So many moisturizers now have active  ingredients, it's difficult to find one that's pure moisturizing. I do like Cerave and Cetaphil Lotion (this one is quite light).

Respected Contributor

Thank you. I have a sample tube of Elemis. Used it last night and no reaction. But that's only one night. 

If Cetaphil is lighter will buy that today. I don't want added ingredients with all kind of claims.

I use retina micro. Was prescribed when I was fifty for a type of acne that was a result of a treatment from an overaggresive derm. Micro is the secret. The derm I saw then explained the different delivery system.He didn prescribe Renova; said paents had reacted to the moisturizer. I started it when I was fifty; I'm seventy  seven now. When I was in the hospital in June one of the very young nurses kept asking me my secret. I wrote down sunsceen and retina micro. And don't smoke.

I cannot tan; I don't have enough melanin. I avoided the sun before others did. I was in one of the first clinical trials for sunblock (not suntan) lotion. It was '64 and the 

Even at fifty I had oily skin. I said I could solve all the problems in the middle east. Except in winter I didn't use a moisturizer until I was sixty. I'm seventy seven.

When I was in the hospital in June one of the very young nurses asked me my secret. I wrote down sunblock, retina micro and gentle care.

In '64 I was in one of the first studies of sunblock (not tanning lotion) at a cancer research hospital. They had so much trouble finding people that they paid me well and provided transportation.

Super Contributor

@Shanus  I know this thread is old, but if you have a minute, I'd like your advice, please?  I want to know whether there is a "universal" lip liner for red lipsticks or if I have to choose either a blue tone/orange tone for specific lipsticks? I don't usually wear red & not sure what to choose.  For example, I have a Nars Audacious in Mona (more brick red), Laura Mercier Rouge Ultime, & a new one from Bare Minerals that I thought was red, but on me is more of a fuchsia. (Not sure why that's happening?!!) I do have a Lipstick Queen lipliner in clear also.  What do you suggest? I really appreciate any advice, thank you!! 

Contributor
@Shanus, Could I please ask you what Vitamin C serum you like? Remember some of your comments on Skinceuticals.. Is that still what you like or is there a more reasonable option? I have dry, sensitive skin.. Have used CE Feurilic w/ B5 Gel in the past. Would Love to find a nice more reasonable, comfortable Vit C Serum and Rich Soothing moisturizer. Thanks in advance... 😊 Always appreciate your thoughts, insights!
Honored Contributor

Hi @Shanus ! 

I have a question about serums. I just started using one this year - Josie Maran's Resurfacing serum. I do like it, and I wear it overnight. 

In the morning I wear Josie's milk. I do notice a softening of my skin. I do have wrinkles, but they're not bothering me yet!

Can you wear makeup on top of serum?

Last weekend I picked up a Josie kit at Sephora. Josie's Vitamin C was in it. Should I be using these along the Resurfacing serum? @classyangel 's post reminded me to ask about this.

Thank you once again @Shanus for everything you do to help everyone here!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: ANY @SHANUS QUESTIONS?

[ Edited ]

@RooRoo wrote:

@Shanus  I know this thread is old, but if you have a minute, I'd like your advice, please?  I want to know whether there is a "universal" lip liner for red lipsticks or if I have to choose either a blue tone/orange tone for specific lipsticks? I don't usually wear red & not sure what to choose.  For example, I have a Nars Audacious in Mona (more brick red), Laura Mercier Rouge Ultime, & a new one from Bare Minerals that I thought was red, but on me is more of a fuchsia. (Not sure why that's happening?!!) I do have a Lipstick Queen lipliner in clear also.  What do you suggest? I really appreciate any advice, thank you!! 

@RooRoo   Good morning. Better late thasn never. Smiley Happy  I always try to check back and see any notifications. 

Lip liners: I only use one or two and they're both the shade that closely matches my lip color. I like to fill in a bit after lining to give the lipstick something to grab to and also when lipstick wears off, I don't want a dark line around my lips. I have a Bobbi Brown Ballet Pink and a few from Nars. Keep in mind I'm fair, but adding the liner in a nude/pink shade I can even add a pink gloss and call it a day. 

I don't wear red lip colors, so can't help you there. The  issue of finding a liner to match each shade of lipstick is a great reason to find one that's a nude and stick with that.