Esteemed Contributor

@sophiesofers wrote:

@Shanus   This is a liquid Hyaluronic Acid that is berry flavored.  It says to take one teaspoonful by itself or mix it in a glass of water or with a smoothie. Lots of the reviews said it helps not only with skin, but also for your joints too.  Not sure if its worth giving it a try.  Its at Vitamin Shoppe and GNC.  It can be returned if I don't like it.  Its a 16 oz bottle for 27.00.  

@sophiesofers 

I've been taking a hylauronic acid capsule for a couple years now, primarily to maintain joint suppleness. (Also collagen for the same reason.)

My skin is never dry nor does it have that tight, dehydrated feeling. (And I never have aching joints.)

But I don't know how much of the oral HA (& collagen) attributes to skin hydration. I guess I would say it might be one-third good skincare/one-third good supplements (like I'm noting here)/ one-third overall diet.

But I would also think that liquid supplements are superior to other forms. And Neocell is a reputable brand.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus     Thank you, If I do purchase it, I will let you know if it works.  

Trusted Contributor

@Harpa   Thank you so much for your information.  I appreciate it.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus 

I've been wanting to ask you this for a long time...

What shade of lipstick, a light one or a dark one, is best for someone with very thin (almost invisible) lips?

Should I go with a lighter shade than MLBB? Plus is a glossy finish better looking for thin lips?

@SilleeMee   Dark lipstick shades like burgundies or darkish reds can make thin lips appear thinner. Lighter shades, with a liner on the raised vermillion border, can make the lips appear a bit larger. Be careful not to use the very pale, beige, grey shades which makes everyone look dead. Yes, a bit of gloss on just the center of lips cause some reflection and add a plump look to the lips. 

So true!  My dear sweet older sister continues to wear dark flat red lipstick and it makes her top lip disappear. 

When I see her without, her lips looks so much fuller!  I've told her when I see her without lipstick, how lucky she is to have such nice full lips!

I guess she doesn't get it because when she's all done up, there's the red lipstick and where's her top lip?

I've said many times outloud that I don't wear dark lipsticks because they diminish the look of my lips.  Pinkish nudes (no orange-y colors) work the best for me, my lips look as full as they did when I was younger---more so when I wear lipstick--than without.

Honored Contributor

I had a friend with very very thin lips.  She would wear dark burgundy and dark red lipstick.  It made her already very thin lips look even thinner.  It made her look angry/mean.

Respected Contributor

Hi Shanus,

Inn your opinion what color purple looks good on  dark brown eyes and medium skin with yellow undertones. In my experience with purples I can't wear them because of the red in them it is not flattering. Would you have a recommendation for a purple that doesn't pull red? Thanks

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama 

I'm not Shanus and I'm sure she'll have a more scientific reply but purple with brown eyes is beautiful.  Purple is one of those colors that looks good on any eye color.  Of course the right purple (cool or warm) is important.  If  you want a purple that doesn't have a red (warm) base, look for blue based (cool) purples.  But having a yellow undertone is normally warm.  Humm.  If you haven't tried a cool purple, give it a try.  I'm neutral leaning cool and CAN pull off a warm purple but look better in a cool purple

Color Theory for Seasonal Analysis - Radiantly Dressed

How To Choose YOUR Best Purple Eyeshadow (With Video) -  simplebeautyminerals.com

Respected Contributor

Thank you soo much!! This chart is wonderful. I will absolutely try a cooler purple and see if I like it.This was so nice of you to post this. Much appreciated!!

Super Contributor

@monicakm  what a great diagram!  Thanks for posting Heart

So much easier to see & makes sense too!  I have brown eyes

and definitely cannot wear the redder tones.  

Respected Contributor

I started another question on the forum. I hope no one minds if I ask it again.

I'm looking for a light daytime moisturizer to wear under foundation. I'm seventy seven; my skin is not dry but in the winter I do need it.

The skincare I react to is moisturizer. Clinique moisture surge turned my face bright red. I do have very sensitive skin but I rarely react to foundation, etc. I use LahRoche Posey cleanser but reacted to their moisturizer. I really surprised the woman in charge. She thought it might be the hylauronic acid.

I see my derm this week. I suspect she'll recommend Ceravue. I'll pick some up at the drugstore.