Respected Contributor

ANY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR COLLAGEN POWDER FOR SMOOTHIES?

I'm going make a beauty smoothie with beneficial fruits...im considering adding a supplement like collagen. Not even sure if it's necessary to add, since some fruits may be enough.   Any suggestions??

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ANY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR COLLAGEN POWDER FOR SMOOTHIES?

I use a scoop a day of Andrew Lessman Marine Collagen Peptides in my nutrition shake.  It is pricey but pure and the bag lasts a long time.  If you search in the HSN search bar, just type in Andrew Lessman Marine Collagen and it will come up.  There is more than one type, you can read about it on the product page.  I am a big Lessman fan and have been taking his vitamins for about 20 years now.

Honored Contributor

Re: ANY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR COLLAGEN POWDER FOR SMOOTHIES?

@Dazlin  I use Andrew Lessman's Marine and Free Range Collagen Peptides.  One scoop in my coffee each morning.

Read that Andrew's Collagen - this one and probably others - will be a TS on HSN this coming Sunday so if you want to try it, I'd wait and see what is offered and price.  I know I'll be taking advantage of the TS.

Honored Contributor

Here is what we do almost daily for a meal.  You will fee...

@Dazlin   Here is what we do almost daily for a meal.  You will feel happy/energetic/content/well nourished and ready for any challenge:

frozen blueberries

handful of greens from the refrig  

plant milk ( use 2 cps per drink...if you don't want creamy or calories - 1 cp Pmilk & 1 cp  water)

frozen bananas (buy in bulk - peel, cut in half and freeze so always ready)

Collagen Peptides w/biotin & HA Sunwarrior vegan protein powder 1/2 amount

Sunwarrior or Orgain protein powder 1/2 amount

You can add these amazing supplements:

Amazing Grass Greens Blend - I buy at Sam's - good price

Nature Fuel Power Beets. -       "                                         "                     

Chia Seeds plus flax (always soak) or hemp

throw in a couple of ice cubes

I tweak this depending on our needs but I don't want to overwhelm you with additional supplements/food/herbs/etc. ( My husband does like his sweeter so I add a packet of stevia/monk fruit that I buy in a bulk box at Costco.) This is the basic recipe that has evolved for us. 

I know it sounds like a lot; these are staples in our cabinet...I keep them together and can assemble this in the blender in a few minutes.  You will feel like superwoman and your body will love you for taking such care!💥⚡️🔥

Respected Contributor

Re: Here is what we do almost daily for a meal. You will fee...

@phoenixbrd , thank you for sharing!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lessman's marine collagen is made from tilapia, i use marine collagen but never from tilapia, a farm raised fish.  I buy ones that use cod or other wild caught fish.   Lessman should know better!!

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle , I'm not ordering from Lessman.  For some odd reason I always have strange reactions to his products in one way or another...and I've tried several.   So he's out as far as I'm concerned. 

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@Shelbelle , I'm not ordering from Lessman.  For some odd reason I always have strange reactions to his products in one way or another...and I've tried several.   So he's out as far as I'm concerned. 

Smart move on your part, look for collagen that uses no tilapia!! People think Andrew can do no wrong but he can!!! I take collagen caps, I dont use any powders. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have no issues with tilapia. It's the bones and scales which are used to make the collagen. Bones and scales are not even similar in their biology to the flesh. It's the flesh of the fish which may be concerning b/c that part contains bad omega oils which are not part of any collagen supplement made from the fish. Collagen is all purified amino acid proteins  and no oils or fats are in it. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have no issues with tilapia. It's the bones and scales which are used to make the collagen. Bones and scales are not even similar in their biology. It's the flesh of the fish which may be concerning b/c that part contains bad omega oils which are not part of any collagen supplement made from the fish. Collagen is all purified amino acid proteins  and no oils or fats are in it. 

Sorry Sillie, this is one time you and I can agree to disagree, I dont consume it in any way, shape or form!! tons of other better ingredients products out there, why take any chances?