Respected Contributor

Re: Here is what we do almost daily for a meal. You will fee...

IDK much yet about collagen supplements, except that I've read, look for Bovine, and type 1 and 3 collagen.  I'm going to look into everything further.  Meanwhile I appreciate the suggestions here, and I'd like to hear more from all you.   I'm not going overboard with smoothies either...im basically doing this because my life is upside down lately, taking care of alot here, and im extremely stressed.   So im not getting my fruits and veggies as much as I used to. So my smoothie for now, will consist of certain fruits, and some carrots, and spinach or kale.  I've researched that much, and certain fruits are wonderful for the skin. Thats when I thought I should add a collagen too.  I would consider in pill form too.

Respected Contributor

Re: Here is what we do almost daily for a meal. You will fee...

@SilleeMee , I have read that that skin and bones are the collagen parts...I agree.  Thats why we can't get enough from only eating fish...unless we eat the skin, bones etc.

Honored Contributor

Re: ANY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR COLLAGEN POWDER FOR SMOOTHIES?

[ Edited ]

Nutrivein Multi Collagen Pills 2250mg - 180 Capsules - Healthy Joints, Hair, Skin, Nails

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle , I just looked at this...on Amazon,  but shipping over $40...??   Where do you buy yours?

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin 

I'm a collagen/peptide newbie as well but did some research and watched some YT vids and got recommendations here.  I bought the Lessman first.  Continued my research and threw it away.  This is what I settled on.  I'm not married to it.  It has all the buzzwords I was told to look for.  Hydrolyzed, Types I II III V and X.  The fish is cod and snapper.  Bovine is grass fed and farm raised.  I did not/have not experienced any digestive issues.

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@Shelbelle , I just looked at this...on Amazon,  but shipping over $40...??   Where do you buy yours?

I recently picked up 2 on ebay for $15 each with free shipping. I take 2 a day, not 3, I think 3  is overkill.  There is another I like on amazon, I will post the pix and now there is a 25% off coupon. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nature's Nutrition Multi Collagen Complex Pills - Type I, II, III, V, X, Made in USA, Non-GMO, Boost Hair Skin Nails Joints - Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides Supplement for Women & Men - 180 Capsules, Opens in a new tabNatures Nutrition

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is one ebay listing now for the Nutravein selling them for 18.99 with free shipping, but a nice discount if you buy more than one.  Exp date is 7/2023

Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone!!

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle 

Do you know if capsules are as good as the powder?  I don't need any for a long time.  Amazon just delivered another canister.  I don't remember choosing auto ship but maybe I did.  It's tasteless but doesn't blend real well in my cold brew coffee.

Thanks