Super Contributor

ANY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ALLERGY-FREE MASCARA?

Through the process of elimination, I have determined that mascara causes my eyes to tear, turn red and burn.  I have pretty much stopped wearing mascara, but there are aoccasions when I would like to be able to do so.  Anyone with a similar problem that has found a mascara gentle enough to use and not cause an allergic reaction?

Honored Contributor

Re: ANY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ALLERGY-FREE MASCARA?

Nope. I gave up. I don't wear mascara, eyeliner & don't like to wear eyeshadow. My eyes tear up, run & burn even when I don't wear makeup.

I have dry eyes which causes them to run.

Super Contributor

I have very sensitive eyes so I stick with Almay. Their products are hypoallergenic and fragrance free though they'll still have a smell of some kind. You may want to try Neutrogena or Physician's Formula too.

Super Contributor

@TTerri @Nightowlz Thanks for your comments and recommendations.  I am going to try Almay and the other two brands you mentioned.  Hopefully one will work.

Honored Contributor

I remember when I became allergic to a certain mascara and had to wait one month with no eye makeup.  When I started back using mascara, I purchased Clinique.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I have dry eyes and am on Restasis.  I cannot wear regular mascara as my eyes tear and the mascara smears.  However, I've tried Blinc (which is expensive) and Double Extend Beauty Tubes Lash Extension Effect by L'Oreal.  They are both similar in my opinion and I can wear them both without flaking, etc.  They don't lengthen your lashes though.

Respected Contributor

@CarolmI have a lot of problems with my eyes. I have used "Blinc" mascara for years. It is a tube mascara and comes off with water and cleanser. No pulling around the eye area and I can't use eye make-up remover. I use Purity to take off all my make-up.

My eye doctor had me use baby shampoo after a couple of surgeries.

The "Blinc" mascara just slides off.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carolm...Clinique is the only one I can use that doesn’t give me a terrible reaction.

Clinique tests and retests until no one in the test group has any adverse reaction to the ingredients.

I like their high impact extreme volume mascara.It washes off easily.

Honored Contributor

@henderson wrote:

I have dry eyes and am on Restasis.  I cannot wear regular mascara as my eyes tear and the mascara smears.  However, I've tried Blinc (which is expensive) and Double Extend Beauty Tubes Lash Extension Effect by L'Oreal.  They are both similar in my opinion and I can wear them both without flaking, etc.  They don't lengthen your lashes though.

I wear the Trish McEvoy "tubes" one and get 3 for the price of 2 every year at Nordstroms when they have that sale.  They do not make my eyes tear, do not smear, and wash off. 

Respected Contributor

Almay