Honored Contributor

Re: ANY MAKEUP QUESTIONS FOR ME?

[ Edited ]

@DebNYC31 wrote:

Sorry,,,but who are you and why would we ask you makeup questions?

@DebNYC31   Me? Sorry you don't know me. I'm @Shanus and I'm a makeup artist and have been for almost 30 yrs. I started my career with Bobbi Brown and trained with her traveling from NC to NY or NJ where her studio was located.  I was one of her regional makeup artists going to stores, doing makeup on the East coast. I now see clients from my office doing makeovers and especially bridal makeup. I do go the weddings and do the brides' makeup there on their big day.  

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Wearing a mask with just anti aging wouldn't cause clogged pores would it?

I also use sunscreen for exposure from the wind shield.

Thanks!

@ECBG   Hey. I wear all my skincare with a mask, spf, too and if going anywhere but the grocery store, I add cream blush (high on the cheekbones), do brows and a bit of liner and mascara. Foundation can cause clogged pores in warmer weather and depending how long you wear the mask, if skin is oily or prone to clogged pores. 

My issue is when I take off my mask back in the car, my spf has been wiped off and sometimes I burn on the way home. I may begin keeping the mask on until I arrive home to prevent any sun damage. 

Because I use Retin A and Vit. C, my skin's even MORE sensitive to the sun. I do wear spf 45-50 every day even if it's raining. I even wear it when at home since the sun comes in through the windows in my sunroom/kitchen or in my studio....especially important driving in the car or being a passenger. I have all my side windows and sunroof (which I never use) tinted as dark as legally allowed.   

Trusted Contributor

@DebHNYC wrote:

@DebHNYC   Me? Sorry you don't know me. I'm @Shanus and I'm a makeup artist and have been for almost 30 yrs. I started my career with Bobbi Brown and trained with her traveling from NC to NY or NJ where her studio was located.  I was one of her regional makeup artists going to stores, doing makeup on the East coast. I now see clients from my office doing makeovers and especially bridal makeup. I do go the weddings and do the brides' makeup there on their big day.

@Shanus .....that is good to know, and thanks for sharing all of your make-up tips, have learned alot from these threads and know who to ask going forward.

Honored Contributor

@SoCal Bred wrote:
@DebHNYC wrote:

@DebHNYC   Me? Sorry you don't know me. I'm @Shanus and I'm a makeup artist and have been for almost 30 yrs. I started my career with Bobbi Brown and trained with her traveling from NC to NY or NJ where her studio was located.  I was one of her regional makeup artists going to stores, doing makeup on the East coast. I now see clients from my office doing makeovers and especially bridal makeup. I do go to the weddings and do the brides' makeup there on their big day.

@Shanus .....that is good to know, and thanks for sharing all of your make-up tips, have learned alot from these threads and know who to ask going forward.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I use this:

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

I use this:

@ECBG   I do like that one for dog walking or the gym, but it's not the best under makeup for me. It has been said that spf over 50 is not that much better. I also use Skinceutials Sheer Physical UV Defense (broad spectrum spf 50) and lately also use ELTA MD UV Restore (this one is newer and has squalane) and spf 40. It's oil free so sits well over all my skincare and tinted moisturizer. BTW, have a great week end and stay cool, if possible. The weather has been brutal. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I haven't seen the choices you mentioned.

Have a lovely day. 

I close at 7pm today and I am on Saturday, of course.   I took a couple of Saturdays for my high school reunion next weekend, and a craft show on the grounds of All Souls Episcipal Church, G. Vanderbuilt's church next month.

Trying to put outfits together where I don't freeze!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

Have a lovely day. 

I close at 7pm today and I am on Saturday, of course.   I took a couple of Saturdays for my high school reunion next weekend, and a craft show on the grounds of All Souls Episcipal Church, G. Vanderbuilt's church next month.

@ECBG   FREEZE? Is it cold up there already?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

Have a lovely day. 

@ECBG   FREEZE? Is it cold up there already?

@Shanus 

No, but the store is kept on 69 degrees.  I wore men's insulated underwear under my maternity sweaters.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Hi @Shanus....what is the trick to keep mascara from clumping when applying?  I have been using IT Superhero Mascara for several years, noticed that a new mascara doesn't last a full month for me due to it getting too thick and clumpy while applying, what am I doing wrong?