Contributor

Re: ANY MAKEUP QUESTIONS FOR ME?

Hi Shanus,
Do you know what's going on with the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners in the pots?  I would love to buy replacements in Espresso and Caviar.  No one seems to have them any longer.
I miss the days when LOTS of colors in the pots were offered.  I loved Black Scotch back in the day!
Any recommendations for substitutes?  I do like Marc Jacobs gel eyeliners and use those for lining my lower lid.  But the BB gel liner is better for me for tightlining and for the upper lid.
Thank you for your help!  I always enjoy reading your advice.

Honored Contributor

@AbbeyPenny    I wish I did have some inside info. Have you checked Amazon? I also thought I saw some at Nordstrom, but just a few colors. I'm thinking women who do use liner, find a pencil or liner pen easier to use and the gels did dry out if not capped quickly. 

Contributor

Hi again, Shanus,
I just checked both Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus online.  Neither show the gel eyeliner in the pot, only the pencil.  Until recently, I was able to find Black online.  But I would prefer Espresso or Caviar.
I checked online at Sephora recently.  Only four shades were offered and all showed sold out.
I'm thinking that BB has phased them out, or perhaps a new and improved version might be introduced.
Have you tried the MAC liners in the pots?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

How can I keep mascara from giving me the raccoon look?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@AbbeyPenny wrote:

Hi again, Shanus,
I just checked both Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus online.  Neither show the gel eyeliner in the pot, only the pencil.  Until recently, I was able to find Black online.  But I would prefer Espresso or Caviar.
I checked online at Sephora recently.  Only four shades were offered and all showed sold out.
I'm thinking that BB has phased them out, or perhaps a new and improved version might be introduced.
Have you tried the MAC liners in the pots?

@AbbeyPenny   The MAC liner is quite similar. I find it has a little more dry time once applied. If you purchase it, be aware that it's not quite as waterproof as the BB. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife wrote:

@Shanus 

@SurferWife   I need a bit more info. Is the mascara smearing underneather your eyes? If so, use an eye primer on a small brush right under the lash line and set with a finely milled powder. I'm not sure what the problem would be on the top lashes.

Personally, I don't wear mascara on the bottom lashes. I just dot a waterproof dark brown pencil between those lashes for definition and leave it at that. I don't want to use a waterproof mascara because it dries out my lashes/pulls on them too much when removing it. 

Contributor

Hi Shanus, Just want to say Thank You... It was kind of you to offer your insights. Great questions from everyone to foster your helpful and appreciated advise. I appreciated your tip with adding a little foundation to Bobbi Brown’s Extra Face Balm or Cream as a next best substitute for the tinted face balm that was discontinued. Would use that as a base, then foundation where needed. It gave a Flawless look. I miss that product and almost tried your suggestion a couple weeks ago thinking “Hum... that might work.” Thank you for a cheerful thread and offering your insights! 😊
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@Shanus 

@SurferWife   I need a bit more info. Is the mascara smearing underneather your eyes? If so, use an eye primer on a small brush right under the lash line and set with a finely milled powder. I'm not sure what the problem would be on the top lashes.

Personally, I don't wear mascara on the bottom lashes. I just dot a waterproof dark brown pencil between those lashes for definition and leave it at that. I don't want to use a waterproof mascara becuase it dries out my lashes/pulls on them too much when removing it. 

@Shanus 

Yes, I am talking about smearing underneath the eye, not on top.  I'll try your recommendation tomorrow!  Thank you so much!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Wearing a mask with just anti aging wouldn't cause clogged pores would it?

I also use sunscreen for exposure from the wind shield.

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Sorry,,,but who are you and why would we ask you makeup questions?