Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: ANY MAKEUP QUESTIONS FOR ME?

@SoCal Bred wrote:

Hi @Shanus....what is the trick to keep mascara from clumping when applying?  I have been using IT Superhero Mascara for several years, noticed that a new mascara doesn't last a full month for me due to it getting too thick and clumpy while applying, what am I doing wrong?

@SoCal Bred   Sometimes, through no fault of yours, the mascara could be older or more dry when you receive it. If it's OK when you begin the tube and quickly dries out and clumps, it may be that you're using a pumping motion, dipping into the mascara for more at each use.

It really should only take one dip in to do both eyes for a one coat natural look for day and 2 for a more dramatic look. If one dip into the tube is not doing enough for you, it may not be the correct formula for you OR in many cases, formulas change.

Trusted Contributor

Re: ANY MAKEUP QUESTIONS FOR ME?

@Shanus....I thought it might be the pumping motion, I tend to over do it at times, I will try your suggestion.  Also, I stopped using the IT mascara for awhile thinking too that it just might be old when sent.  I am currently using another brand in the meantime, but will go back to using the IT mascara since I still have a few new tubes to use.  Thank you for your advice.