Honored Contributor

Re: ANY MAKEUP QUESTIONS FOR ME?

@Judaline wrote:

This isn't a make up question but while I've got you I'd like to ask if you know of a neck cream that tightens as it works? I feel my neck has moisture, it's not what I need. I've tried Elemis and $trivectin. Not tightening. I welcome peptides and ceramides, etc. but I'd sure like to feel some tightening. Thanks. If you're inundated with make up questions, you can skip this.

@Judaline   Unfortunately, I  haven't found anything in a cream or lotion that actually tightens or lifts the neck or other areas  of the face. Ultherapy may work, but sessions are costly. There are other procedures that are not invasive like surgery.

Honored Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@Shanus  Do you have a favorite brand of lip liner that really lasts?  A drugstore brand would be even better.  TIA

@decaf   I do like Wet "N Wild and NYX.

Honored Contributor

@Pantsonfire2 wrote:

@Shanus  ... I am a senior in my early 70's who has had a problem with oily skin my entire life.  I am having a difficult time finding a full coverage foundation that has a matte finish ...  In the past I have used Cornflower powder over foundation to help with oily skin but haven't seen that in years.  Can you recommend a foundation that would help conceal AND not be shiny ??  I've tried IT,  Eve Pearl and Doll ...  thanks so much for sharing your passion for makeup and beauty !!  We all just want to be pretty ... 

@Pantsonfire2   I would say that it's not so much the foundation as a good mattifying primer. Many foundations now are stressing the "dewey look" which has been difficult for oily complexions. Good old Bare Minerals Mineral Veil is great over foundation for oily skin.

Honored Contributor

@BoKay wrote:

I love a tinted moisturizer too.  I use Josie Maren Protect and Perfect SPF 47 tinted moisturizer.  It's the best I have tried for a dewy look but you really don't get alot of coverage.  After you told us about Bobbie Brown  tinted. moisturizer ,  I researched her now discontinued extra tinted SPF25 moisturizer balm.   Women were raving about it.

Do you know of any dupe for the tinted balm?  Thanks  so much for all your help

I am curtseying  to you,  O my Queen!!!😘

@BoKay   BB's tinted  balm was one of a kind, right? If someone wants a dupe, I recommend using her EXTRA Moisturizer and mixing it w/ their tinted moisturizer or foundation of choice.

Honored Contributor

@LCR wrote:

Shanus, what do you think of IT's tightline mascara for tightlining?  

@LCR   IMHO, it makes the lash line a little "gloppy" to then apply mascara. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus Regarding the brow tint, does it stain the skin?  I tried one that did and my brows were a mess for about a week.  I didn't realize how carefully I needed to apply it.  

Also, my shade is Sand in every Bobbi Brown foundation I've ever used.  I think that would translate to Light Tint for the tinted moisturizer.  What do you think?  And then do I use the same color concealer?

Are you familiar with Kriss Cosmetics?  I was thinking of trying her Mineral Sheer Tint, but may stick with Bobbi Brown due to your recommendation and reviews I've read.  

Thanks!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

@Shanus Regarding the brow tint, does it stain the skin?  I tried one that did and my brows were a mess for about a week.  I didn't realize how carefully I needed to apply it.  

Also, my shade is Sand in every Bobbi Brown foundation I've ever used.  I think that would translate to Light Tint for the tinted moisturizer.  What do you think?  And then do I use the same color concealer?

Are you familiar with Kriss Cosmetics?  I was thinking of trying her Mineral Sheer Tint, but may stick with Bobbi Brown due to your recommendation and reviews I've read.  

Thanks!

@Tadaki   I'm quite fair and use Porcelain Tint because it's an "N" (neutral). I think you'd have to see it in person to know if the Light corresponds to your Sand foundation. There's usually an across the board similarity, but the warm, neutral or cool could matter when a sheer tint. 

Concealers under eyes should be 1/2 to a full shade lighter than foundation and if needed a concealer that's also the foundation shade for spot concealing. If you have a lot of darkness, try using a corrector first, so you don't use too much concealer which can filter into lines and look a bit heavy. 

Nope. I'm not familiar w/ Kriss Cosmetics. 

Honored Contributor

@Tadaki   Uh oh, forgot to answer your question about brow tint. The one I use JUST FOR MEN only stays on for 5 minutes...not long enough to stain the skin. Before I apply with an old, clean mascara wand or spoolie, I have 2 wet cotton pads in front of me. When time's up, I can easily wipe off the stain. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus , Thank you for offering your expertise!  Here's a questions I've dying to ask a professional:

I have a slightly yellow undertone to my skin.  How do I wear a pinkish blush and lipstick and have it look cohesive?  I've noticed that when I use peaches and reds, my face looks really put together.  When I try pinks, it looks just odd, kind of 'off'.  

Would it help on 'pink' days to use a neutral tinted foundation?  What else would help?   Thanks again for offering your help.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammijo10 wrote:

@Shanus , Thank you for offering your expertise!  Here's a questions I've dying to ask a professional:

I have a slightly yellow undertone to my skin.  How do I wear a pinkish blush and lipstick and have it look cohesive?  I've noticed that when I use peaches and reds, my face looks really put together.  When I try pinks, it looks just odd, kind of 'off'.  

Would it help on 'pink' days to use a neutral tinted foundation?  What else would help?   Thanks again for offering your help.

@Sammijo10   If you have a yellow undertone and using peach/red makes you look put together, that's your clue that pinks would be tough to wear. Look for a pink that has some peachy tones....NARS Orgasm comes to mind. If you can't find a blush you like, look for a lip color and use it for cheeks and lips. For a unified look, you can put a bit across the eyes above the crease. 

BTW, foundation should always match your complexion and undertone and not adjusted to wear certain colors. It'll always look "off".