Honored Contributor

Re: ANGRY W/ NORDSTROM'S TRISH SERVICE

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus,   You could go to Trish's website and send an email about disappointed you are in the service received at that store.  It's worth a try.

Thanks @Katcat1. Been there done that months ago when it first happened. The manager at Nordstrom called and apologized & sent a gloss sample, but 3 months later, here we are again.

Honored Contributor

just spoke to a family member of mine who is a department manager in a nordstrom.....but NOT in cosmetics.

she said that trish mcevoy has hundreds and hundreds of names on salespersons lists. even when ONE person comes in to buy ONE item, they ask them for contact information. she said that the way to get on the "better" list is to be a nordstrom cardholder.....and the higher your card status, the more preferential treatment you get. of course, along with that, the more you buy, the more attention you will get.

she also said that in their store, trish mcevoy is being moved "back" a bit in the store. they used to have the top space in cosmetics. they are being moved to make way for TOM FORD cosmetics, which they did not have in store before.

also, the BEST way to leave feedback for your nordstrom store is to fill out the survey at the bottom of your receipt. she said it goes directly to that store manager and not just the cosmetics manager.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Update: Finally spoke to store manager yesterday and she was livid at the service I had "not" received at the Trish counter. I soon found out that my BB counter also has specials & my hubby had not been notified of any of his Kiehl's men's products. Now we're both pi-sed! 

The store manager hosted all the regional managers today (planned, but timely meeting). The question of customers not being contacted was brought up and evidently this problem is not only storewide, but a nationwide issue. Complaints are being filed and customers, like me, are feeling if not a card holder, we're being ignored.."elite biased". Is there such a thing? 

While waiting for the regional people to get back to me, I signed up for a Nordstrom Card, hoping it will make me visible to the sales' people, but angry that it may be a pre-requisite for service. 

Keep you posted. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  Good for you!!  I sadly think is simply the demise of CS overall and Nordstrom is simply a example of what happens when employees don't give a crapola because....they just don't. 

I was at Nordstrom today and the salesrep for Bobbi Brown was playing games on her phone. The Trish Rep was watching a video on her phone. The Lancome rep was painting her nails. The MAC reps for playing in the makeup at other counters. I have NEVER seen this before... something has happened and for the worse.

Where was the cosmetics manager? Sitting in a chair chatting it up with some friends. 

All I can is wow...this is not the Nordstrom I remember. Not in any way.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Shanus  Good for you!!  I sadly think is simply the demise of CS overall and Nordstrom is simply a example of what happens when employees don't give a crapola because....they just don't. 

I was at Nordstrom today and the salesrep for Bobbi Brown was playing games on her phone. The Trish Rep was watching a video on her phone. The Lancome rep was painting her nails. The MAC reps for playing in the makeup at other counters. I have NEVER seen this before... something has happened and for the worse.

Where was the cosmetics manager? Sitting in a chair chatting it up with some friends. 

Really sad, right?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

i have never heard of the TRISH service, but i do receive calls from the reps that know me at different nordstrom counters. they let me know in advance when special events are held. i have also received postcards in the mail.

@sunshine45

I've never heard of "Trish service" either.

Respected Contributor

I don't have a problem with offering special services and perks to cardholders that you don't offer to non-cardholders (they want to incentivize people, after all), but they should be honest about it.  They shouldn't take your name to put on the call list without telling you that only cardholders are going to get called.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

Really sad, right?

Nordstrom is nothing like it once was. The makeup counters have a lot of disinterested, high turn-over personnel. A lot of them have no training. When I asked about undertones at the Trish counter, the employee had no idea what I was talking about. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

i have never heard of the TRISH service, but i do receive calls from the reps that know me at different nordstrom counters. they let me know in advance when special events are held. i have also received postcards in the mail.

@sunshine45

I've never heard of "Trish service" either.

@Tinkrbl44  I spoke to store mgr. again today and she gave me the name of a cosmetic contact service rep who covers all lines in the store. He will be contacting me and set up a meeting. From then on, he will contact me of all "doings" in the makeup/fragrance departments. So, yes I guess this is considered also a "Trish service".

Honored Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

I don't have a problem with offering special services and perks to cardholders that you don't offer to non-cardholders (they want to incentivize people, after all), but they should be honest about it.  They shouldn't take your name to put on the call list without telling you that only cardholders are going to get called.

@WenGirl42  I understand that card holders get special "attention", but I do not agree w/ this selection of perks for the elite and exclusion of others. I've been in Nordstrom's when they put up the "mosquito nets" to signify "available merchandise for card holders only". That's just wrong. It's too "in your face" exclusion. Reward the card holders w/ a mailed coupon w/ % off,  etc. I have a Talbot's card, but every customer is treated equally.