Respected Contributor

For years AG has been my go-to.  A couple of days ago I was in one of the well-known beauty B & M stores and sprayed the EDP on pulse points.  Was home about 20 minutes later and could not pick up the scent AT ALL!!! From an EDP!

I was just about to buy it online and am so glad I didn't.  It breaks my heart that I have to move on to something else.  Received lots of compliments back in the day with the original formula and my closet smelled so good.  Smiley Sad

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Regular Contributor

Re: AMAZING GRACE EDP DISCOVERY

Hi pommom,

I completely agree.  It's so disheartening because I loved the original fragrance so much.  I keep hoping it will be the same but it just isn't.

I need to move on also but haven't found anything I love like the original Amazing Grace.

I've faced it......Amazing Grace is no more.

GET RICH...........Count Your Blessings!
Respected Contributor

I have a bottle I bought from Ulta AG EDP and I have used it up spraying it on when around the house.  Not much smell at all.  I can soak my t shirt in it and it is gone in minutes.  Years ago I got so many compliments wearing Pure Grace and wore it for years but now I don't waste my money. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I still use AG shower gel and either the body emulsion (summer) or illuminating body cream (winter.)  I've worn it for many years - like a dozen.  I still get many compliments on how I smell.  Even one or two days after I shower as I don't every day.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've said this before on the forums - I continuously get compliments from strangers telling me I smell good.  This week I was at a convenience store and I walked by a lady who then followed me and asked me what I was wearing.  Last week a man who was in my office at work told me I smelled good. 

I wear the lotion, body spritz and EDT on my clothes and hair.  I purchase the 2 oz EDT bottles on Ebay because I can get great pricing. 

I will continue to purchase AG and love the compliments I continue to receive.

Trusted Contributor

I also continue to get compliments about the philosophy scents that I wear regularly. (AG PG FIL UL and SEA OF LOVE) I have never had a problem with these scents. There are some that I like that i have to be careful with as they can be too strong. I am careful with Warm Cashmere and Sunshine Grace. Just a light spritz lasts all day for me.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

May have something to do with body chemistry bc I, too, layer.  I start out by (1) alternately using the AG or PG shower gel, (2) AG firming body elmusion after drying off, (3) spritz my body & hair with the AG spritz and finally finish the layering by (4) spraying the EDT (don't have the EDP - but at this point, wouldn't matter).  I also take the spritz and go over my clothes for a final touch.  Still - nada, zilch, zero.   

Respected Contributor

@pommomSince Coty bought out Philosophy, the formulation of AG edt & the accords are far less pronounced. I use to use AG years ago & for a toilette it lasted for about 4 hours as a close up scent, since it is a soft fresh clean scent. Yes, some people can still wear it layered & do get good results but it all depends on ones body chemistry as you have said...I do have some toilettes that last longer than perfumes. You would think the EDP's would last longer but not always, For instance, I will just name one which is YSL mon paris eau de parfum which is a fresh fruity floral. The one that lasts the longest on my skin is Marc Jacobs Daisy eau so fresh, another fresh fruity floral which I get 4 or more hours with about 6 spays. You should go to Sephora as they will give you 3 samples you can try with each visit. Hopefully, you will fine your favorite go to soon!

Contributor

I bought a copy of Amazing Grace from Walgreens. It is called InStyle fragrances and I really like it. This is my first time using the scent of amazing grace.

It is only 12.50 a bottle.

Respected Contributor

@Kabella 

Thanks so much for the suggestion.  Woman Very Happy