Honored Contributor

Re: ALLURE MAGAZINE DROPS THE BALL

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Today's Allure FB post features "female friendly p^rn sites that are worth paying for."

No words.

I can't seem to get rid of their posts on my FB page.  Oh well.

@Isobel Archer  Another good reason I’m no longer on FB.

Honored Contributor

I love Allure Mag.  It's my fav. mag.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Frequent Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

I have to respectfully disagree with this.  I'm in my 60's and Allure was one best for beauty, skin care and articles for all ages.  I used to look forward to it's arrival every month but when the former editor was let go, it steadily declined.  My subscription ran out ages ago, but for some reason, I still get the magazine and there is absolutely NOTHING in it anymore.

@Phantom41- I agree with you. I am 58 and was an Allure reader since issue #1 (in their old larger format with Barbie on the the cover). Since Linda Wells was fired, their articles are more skewed to the younger generation and they feature the Kardashian/Jenners way too often. I finally let my subscription lapse last year. I figure if they actually print an article that is meaningful to me, I will hear about it on the internet.

Honored Contributor

It appears Linda Wells was blamed for the demise of subscribers in an era when all magazines were suffering.  Too bad she didn't land somewhere else.  Allure has gotten just plain "weird."   I can't even rely on it for a decent sampling of cosmetic ads for new products. My subscription will lapse in a couple months and that's it for me.