Valued Contributor

Re: ALL IN ONE MAKE UP PALETTES

Yep, I would always fall for these palettes, cuz they're usually so stinking cute, and when I did a makeup purge a few months back, realized I might hit the pan on a few shades in a palette and several pans were barely touched. I now prefer making my own palette for travel using trish mcevoy (really like her deluxe double decker compact, which sadly was discontinued, or Bobbi brown six well compacts).

Don't get me started on palettes that include powders and creams - other than a Dior one that has a cover for the lippies , the rest tend to get powder residue mixed into the creamy lip.
Respected Contributor

@Shanus, I have a little planner that fits in the palm of my hand. I bought it several years ago, and it's one of my favorites. I don't remember Trish ever having lipstick pans in her planners: it was always an individual tube....

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

@Shanus, I have a little planner that fits in the palm of my hand. I bought it several years ago, and it's one of my favorites. I don't remember Trish ever having lipstick pans in her planners: it was always an individual tube....

Poodlepet2

Do you know if it's still available? Assume it's empty & you put your own products in, right?

Honored Contributor

No, I've never bought such palettes. I especially wouldn't be interested if it had a lip product because I like only lipSTICKS.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Texasmouse wrote:

Yes. I apply all my makeup in the morning and the only thing I touch up during the day is my lipstick. However, I don't own any all-in-one palettes because I haven't yet seen one where I would use ALL of the products in it and I consider that wasteful. I might as well buy individual products that are customized for me. I guess this is the idea of the z palette?

@Texasmouse

Ditto .....   they are created to work for a broad range of women with similar skin tones, so there will always be some colors that don't work for just you or me.     I got one as a gift with purchase and kept it in my desk at work for touch up emergencies, but found I rarely used it.   Waste of money, IMO.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus,   Perhaps they should make the container for the lipstick deeper and give more product.  I can see all the cosmetic cos. now running to make the change.  lol  

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I've never understood lip palettes.

Esteemed Contributor

There's always a reason why depotting is popular and that's big makeup palettes that are too big, too unwieldy, and have colors and products that never or seldom get used.

I think that the big palettes look pretty but they are not practical at all. They try and be everything to everyone and end up being useless.

I have a nice Quo contour palette but it's too big and I only use one color in it. In my Maybelline blush and bronzer palette I use the bronzer and blush and not the highlighter.

The other day I saw some Maybelline and a L'Oreal lipstick palette at Winners and bought the smaller L'Oreal one as it's a small palette not a big one. It's fragrance free as I saw a tester for it at a different store.

Honored Contributor

I've bought these pallettes in the past, thinking they were all in one kits that I'd take with me when traveling.  But I never liked all the colors in one kit, so didn't take them. 

Not buying these anymore 

Esteemed Contributor

@september wrote:

I've bought these pallettes in the past, thinking they were all in one kits that I'd take with me when traveling.  But I never liked all the colors in one kit, so didn't take them. 

Not buying these anymore 

Same with me.....such a waste