Honored Contributor

There have been several of these palettes offered that include shadow, blush, bronzer and lipcolor. I apply my eye makeup, blush, bronzer in the morning and only take lipstick with me for the day. Why take a large palette in my bag just to reapply lip color? Also the lip colors are used up in no time compared to the rest of the palette.

Please leave the lips out and just do shadow/blush. Anyone having the same feeling about palettes? 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: ALL IN ONE MAKE UP PALETTES

Yes. I apply all my makeup in the morning and the only thing I touch up during the day is my lipstick. However, I don't own any all-in-one palettes because I haven't yet seen one where I would use ALL of the products in it and I consider that wasteful. I might as well buy individual products that are customized for me. I guess this is the idea of the z palette?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus

I can't stand those kinds of palettes. I have no use for them - even at home. I received a few with skincare over the years and tossed them all.

I want my shadows in a separate palette. I prefer my blushes to be single shade containers. I've got several BE blushes and almost never buy any. What I have last such a long time.

I don't use lipcolor in a pot that needs to be applied with a brush. I don't want it messing up a palette.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus, ITA! I do like palettes for ease-everything is there, but once I put on MU, I'm done for the day other than touching up lipstick and powder.

If you are busy, such as going from work then out to dinner, a small palette could be useful for quickly going from a day look to evening look...but these days, that's not me! If I have somewhere to go during the day, I always have time to tweak my MU if I'm going out at night...

And let's face it, when traveling, a little palette or something like your favorite Trish M. Is so easy...

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

Yes. I apply all my makeup in the morning and the only thing I touch up during the day is my lipstick. However, I don't own any all-in-one palettes because I haven't yet seen one where I would use ALL of the products in it and I consider that wasteful. I might as well buy individual products that are customized for me. I guess this is the idea of the z palette?

I liked the Givency one yesterday on Super Saturday, but there again...lipcolor. Since I use Trish McEvoy Planners and her pages are magnetic, they are the same as z palettes. Her shadows and blushes are small squares that pop out of the plastic pkgs., have metal backs & go directly on the magnetic. 

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

@Shanus, ITA! I do like palettes for ease-everything is there, but once I put on MU, I'm done for the day other than touching up lipstick and powder.

If you are busy, such as going from work then out to dinner, a small palette could be useful for quickly going from a day look to evening look...but these days, that's not me! If I have somewhere to go during the day, I always have time to tweak my MU if I'm going out at night...

And let's face it, when traveling, a little palette or something like your favorite Trish M. Is so easy...

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

There's a small Trish Voyager planner that's no longer available. The perfect size for a handbag or overnite. Wish she'd keep that as a staple in her line. I have her large one for home, the medium one for traveling, but the other sizes hold nothing. Voyager has those prefilled "cards". 

Honored Contributor

Z palettes are you own eyeshadow, blush etc, that you heat and attach to the metal z pallatte

@Shanus wrote:

@Texasmouse wrote:

I liked the Givency one yesterday on Super Saturday, but there again...lipcolor. Since I use Trish McEvoy Planners and her pages are magnetic, they are the same as z palettes. Her shadows and blushes are small squares that pop out of the plastic pkgs., have metal backs & go directly on the magnetic. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

I only like them for travel.  I do try to be as light as I can and it never works.  Perhaps that is why all  my luggage is on wheels.  LOL

Honored Contributor

For a long time, I would cave for them because they looked so pretty and it made sense to have everything for a face in one small kit. But then, I would ALWAYS only use 1 or 2 items from the kit and STILL have to bring other items so....yeah.

I can say the same thing about eye shadow palettes that have more than 3 colors; I'm not going to use them all so it's a waste of money for me. 

Be it a Z-palette, Trish's planners, Bobbi's snap-in palette....I make my own now and never waste any product.

Respected Contributor

I ordered the Givency one.  Sometimes after work, I will have client gathering to go to and I want a quick freshen up.  My foundations always stays in place but a quick fix on my shadow and a touch of blush helps with a fresh face.

Deb