Respected Contributor

@Shanus,  you got it! I hear you about the memory thing. 

Honored Contributor

I am old and happy and proud to be old.  I am NOT A SENIOR.  I am not in school, I am just old.  I don't know why people have a problem with that.

I find it very insulting to be called a senior.  I graduated high school and college a long time ago.  I am not in school, I am O L D. 

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1wrote:

Aging?  OMG.  I hate it!  Glad you all are very well adjusted individuals.  I guess I am not.  I love living and am so glad to still be here.  I try not to think about the age thing as it scares the you know what out of me.  I hate that I don't have the energy, stamina, or health that I used to.  I know there's nothing that can be done about and I just have to accept it.  I don't like that the person I see in the mirror is that older lady --- not me!  Ha. Still, I am blessed to look as good as I do and I am blessed that I have DH!  That's the most important thing!  Perseverence (did I spell that right?) --- is the key.  Never give up!!!!! 

Oh @AngelPuppy1. Need to change your thinking, if you can. I do almost everything I used to, just a little slower. Aging is inevitable and much better than the alternative, right?

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady  I just turned 69 and for some reason I just don't want to jump that line over to 70 next year. Oh well, I guess I have no choice. I have several neighbors in their mid to late 80's who get along just fine so I don't know why it's bothering me so much.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I am OLD... and proud of it!  Proud that I am healthy, active and blessed everyday!

Honored Contributor

IMO seniors are not appreciated because we glorify youth and do everything we can to maintain that appearance. Being healthy is a given, everyone would prefer to be vibrant and healthy at any age. The body ages period, as a senior I accept that and try to do what I can to minimize the effects.

Contributor

I am 71 years old and feel very blessed to have lived to be this age.  I am enjoying the journey thanking God for his many blessings each day.  In the Bible it says for us to number our days (Psalm: 90:12).  Only one life twill soon be past only what done for Christ will last. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@AngelPuppy1wrote:

Aging?  OMG.  I hate it!  Glad you all are very well adjusted individuals.  I guess I am not.  I love living and am so glad to still be here.  I try not to think about the age thing as it scares the you know what out of me.  I hate that I don't have the energy, stamina, or health that I used to.  I know there's nothing that can be done about and I just have to accept it.  I don't like that the person I see in the mirror is that older lady --- not me!  Ha. Still, I am blessed to look as good as I do and I am blessed that I have DH!  That's the most important thing!  Perseverence (did I spell that right?) --- is the key.  Never give up!!!!! 

Oh @AngelPuppy1. Need to change your thinking, if you can. I do almost everything I used to, just a little slower. Aging is inevitable and much better than the alternative, right?

@Shanus

I think if you will re-read my post you will see that I do not need to change my thinking!  Not everyone feels or reacts the same to things in life.  I know that aging is a natural progression in life.  But it does not mean that I have to, or will, feel happy that I have ill health and that growing older is not an easy process.  I have written that I am glad to be alive and I am persevering.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1wrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@AngelPuppy1wrote:

@Shanus

I think if you will re-read my post you will see that I do not need to change my thinking!  Not everyone feels or reacts the same to things in life.  I know that aging is a natural progression in life.  But it does not mean that I have to, or will, feel happy that I have ill health and that growing older is not an easy process.  I have written that I am glad to be alive and I am persevering.  

@Shanus  Do you not understand that not all people enjoy good health into their senior years.Many people CAN"T do all the things they once did.