Honored Contributor

@BirkiLadywrote:

@ShanusMy 11-year old grandson would grab that cupcake in a heartbeat!! Sounds like a great celebration. Sending HEALTHY B-Day wishes your way this summer! Hope you stay borderline. Smiley Happy

@BirkiLady  Thank you in advance for your good wishes.

Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady, Happy Belated Birthday to you! I turn the big 70 in a couple of weeks and wonder where in the heck the time has gone. I'm with you - thankful for family and friends. And a roof over my head and living in this wonderful country! As my mother used to say, another birthday is a much better and brighter alternative. I've grown to appreciate the smaller things in life, and I'm happy with that!

Respected Contributor

Saw a chef on chopped last night, late 60’s (all the competitors were much younger). When they asked him about his age, he said, he totally ignores his age. It means nothing to him. That struck me as pretty cool!  

Honored Contributor

Heart Snoopy at any age!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1You nailed it on the head! The quality of life becomes so much better with each passing year. I celebrate birthdays with gusto. And, yes, life is much simpler in retirement. More time to volunteer, go to baseball games (not a GO BIG RED fan), attend my grandson's events (he's an upcoming musician) and soccer-dude, dally at the Library and my beloved flower beds! Best of all, due to health issues of my own & disability, I was able to visit and make sure my mom had the best health-care possible for 14 years (as a dementia patient) and tried to keep her mind as active as possible. (I firmly believe it helps if family are involved with their loved ones care.) What great blessings.
HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!! Love another 70-ish female who is proud of her age! CELEBRATE it! OWN IT!!  Smiley Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@OKPrincesswrote:

My favorite word: RETIRED

@OKPrincess

I love your signature line --- so great!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Aging?  OMG.  I hate it!  Glad you all are very well adjusted individuals.  I guess I am not.  I love living and am so glad to still be here.  I try not to think about the age thing as it scares the you know what out of me.  I hate that I don't have the energy, stamina, or health that I used to.  I know there's nothing that can be done about and I just have to accept it.  I don't like that the person I see in the mirror is that older lady --- not me!  Ha. Still, I am blessed to look as good as I do and I am blessed that I have DH!  That's the most important thing!  Perseverence (did I spell that right?) --- is the key.  Never give up!!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Age has never been an issue for me. I am 68. I thank God everyday for my good health. The only issue that I have is hypothyroidism. My Mom died last February at the age of 95. Her sister died two weeks prior to her at the age of 97. I know that I have been blessed with good genetics. Just don't want to take it for granted. However,I have exercised  since I was 16. No one did that in those days but my parents made us do it. As they also did it. Saw my endocrinologist this week and he said he wants to marry me. Haha! He said you are a few years older than me and in better shape. He said I need someone to take care of me. Then he said he doubts that his wife would go for it. Lol! My husband will lbe 73 in May and still plays softball and basketball. He can still  run. So I hope that we both can enjoy many more years of good health.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus, Happy early 70th Birthday. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Tricolorwrote:

@Shanus, Happy early 70th Birthday. Smiley Happy

@Tricolor  Thank you. Please remind me again July 20th. Memory not what it used to be.....lol. 😜