Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
But yet we keep searching for The Fountain of Youth and spending 💵💵💵 on beauty products! 😱

@Naturesbeauty  It’s interesting to me that in Europe, women of a certain age are accepted as they are and aren’t chasing the knife like in this country. 

Europe, perhaps. But I was surprised to learn that cosmetic procedures are common and even must-haves in Korea.

@Harpa  Many Asian countries may be more concerned w/ youthful procedures re: skincare. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think it's most important to do what feels right, and not let anyone make you feel ashamed.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Nice-sounding words that are easy for him to say.

@suzyQ3  I interpreted it to mean age gracefully (w/ minor or natural “improvements” if necessary”) so you don’t try to look the same age as your daughter. I don’t think he means to do nothing and let yourself go to seed. 

@Shanus, I didn't think he meant that either. I just find his words to be a bit bumper-sticker-ish.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Nice-sounding words that are easy for him to say.

@suzyQ3 ITA!

Respected Contributor

Donatella Versace, anyone?

Honored Contributor

Where I live the population is heavily older retirees. At places like church, stores or restaurants I see aging  women of every extreme. Those who do let themselves go to those who look freaky due to what they have done to attempt to look younger. Both extremes are just pathetic and sad. The vast majority of ladies here are pretty middle ground. I'd say more have gone grey than color their hair. Most wear light makeup. Most dress modestly, stay fashionable but not into extreme trends. Among my friends we are most interested in maintaining our health and mobility than our youthful looks. At some point one just has to accept that you aren't young anymore and your youthful time has passed, and accept the grace that comes with being an older lady. 

Honored Contributor

@maestra wrote:

Donatella Versace, anyone?

@maestra  Whoa! Poor Donatella...too much surgery, not enough food and too much sunshine/self tanning....all quite  aging.

Honored Contributor

I have known women who were beautiful inside and outside.  Some wear a lot of makeup and some don't.  Some have had surgery and some would not.  We always hear that saying...."it's what's on the inside that counts".  If that's the case...... we should take that person for who they are...not what they look like....makeup or not....surgery or not.