Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie Thanks for your response and most likely this is the case, but not always are they on blood thinners.

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@phoenixbrd .............Those purple spots are bruises and minor bleeding under the skin due to the person being on a blood thinner.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

You and me both, @phoenixbrd .  The person that said they were surprised that more people don't wear driving gloves?  Is this a joke?  I love being outside.  I can't imagine being so afraid of sun exposure.  I can't imagine being so afraid of the many things that people are afraid of.  It is a true shame and such a waste of life.

@tends2dogs I wear driving gloves... hats ouside that cover my neck as well as face... spf clothing for being outside any length of time... sunscreen ALL THE TIME.... It is not a shame or a waste of life.

My skin is  very good for 67... people comment on it all the time. It really all boils down to what IS IMPORTANT TO YOU. If your skin looking weathered and aging is not an issue, than that is good for you.  For those of us who chose to protect our skin from the sun... that is good for us... but to say it is a shame and waste of life because we do....?  THAT seems a bit   harsh to say. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: AGE SPOTS -- UGH

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

You and me both, @phoenixbrd .  The person that said they were surprised that more people don't wear driving gloves?  Is this a joke?  I love being outside.  I can't imagine being so afraid of sun exposure.  I can't imagine being so afraid of the many things that people are afraid of.  It is a true shame and such a waste of life.

@tends2dogs I wear driving gloves... hats ouside that cover my neck as well as face... spf clothing for being outside any length of time... sunscreen ALL THE TIME.... It is not a shame or a waste of life.

My skin is  very good for 67... people comment on it all the time. It really all boils down to what IS IMPORTANT TO YOU. If your skin looking weathered and aging is not an issue, than that is good for you.  For those of us who chose to protect our skin from the sun... that is good for us... but to say it is a shame and waste of life because we do....?  THAT seems a bit   harsh to say. 

You're right, @SeaMaiden , it really is just my opinion.  I don't mind having the "souveniers" of time spent outside.  I have enjoyed every uncovered walk on the beach and ride in the car.  It does boil down to what is important to each of us.  I do think it is a waste of life to be afraid though.  This whole Covid fiasco hasn't kept DH and I from doing anything that we did before.  I am sure that you have beautiful skin and I am quite sure that you are healthy because of the lifestyle you live.  You are doing a good job of doing what is important to you......and that is how it should be.  Sorry if you took me to be harsh. Woman Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

You're right, @SeaMaiden , it really is just my opinion.  I don't mind having the "souveniers" of time spent outside.  I have enjoyed every uncovered walk on the beach and ride in the car.  It does boil down to what is important to each of us.  I do think it is a waste of life to be afraid though.  This whole Covid fiasco hasn't kept DH and I from doing anything that we did before.  I am sure that you have beautiful skin and I am quite sure that you are healthy because of the lifestyle you live.  You are doing a good job of doing what is important to you......and that is how it should be.  Sorry if you took me to be harsh. Woman Happy

@tends2dogs  You know I care for you and enjoy discussing things with you. I like that we can agree to disagree and still be civil.. If I am harsh you tell me too! ( I am sure you would🙂)  Thanks for being my friend on these boards❤️

Respected Contributor

I would see a derm and get them removed with laser.  They will tell you to wear high spf and UPF 50 clothing to protect against them coming back.  A friend of mine had her spouse getting his removed several times per yr and he would always forget to put on spf while outside on their boat.  

For me I have rosacea so spf and covering up is a must...so it's not about not living or living in fear it's just the nature of this skin disease I have.  Sun exposure flares it up even more.  Like gasoline on a fire.  

I wish I could go back in time and explain to myself that I just don't have the "tanning" gene!  and to cover up.  All the burns and stupidly trying to tan....yep I could slap myselfWoman LOL

My Mom in later years had the bruising on hands and forearms.  Purple color with some redness from blood vessels just bursting under the skin.  I am sure her age and medications played a role...things like steroids for COPD and others.  I hope I don't get that but it may be genetic so I could for all I know.  

I have those other things....cherry color tiny dots....more and more as I age.  No age spots yet but I still get acne too and those leave a terrible dark spot that takes what seems like forever to fade.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I've learned ALOT from you over the years.  The biggest being the Cardio supplement for DH.  I have enjoyed our discussions, too, and they are a testament to the fact that people with different views can be civil and friends.  

BTW......do you have to take extra D3?  Just wondering because I take a high dose even though I am in the sun most days. The clinic I go to likes to see D3 levels around 100.  I run around 110.  They have me stop for a month and then resume.  Just curious (and not being snide Woman Wink)

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I just had this conversation earlier today with my BFF.  She's 77.  Gorgeous, fit and she can easily pass for 65.  She plays golf and she was complaining about the age spots on her face and arms.  There's nothing over the country for this and the old wives tales don't work.  Dermatologists use laser therapy now and dermabrssion and chemical peels.  She's going to make a consult appointment.

Super Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Beautifully stated, @tends2dogs! I agree whole-heartedly. Heart

-HIF

Education | Sorority Alumna | PGA Foundation | Coffee and Brunch are my thing.
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@phoenixbrd .............Those purple spots are bruises and minor bleeding under the skin due to the person being on a blood thinner.

• @Imaoldhippie   @phoenixbrd.  Its true those deep red spots are bruises, they are not necessarily caused by medication.  As a person ages their skin gets very thin and bruises easily.  My dogs are constantly jumping onto my lap and dinging me with their toenails, leaving an ugly red spot that takes forever to fade away.  There's nothing that can be done to prevent this except to wear thick long sleeves, which I won't do.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

News to me....I'm on a blood thinner ....never had bruises or bleeding under the skin....